Do You Carry a Flashlight in Your Briefcase?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Believe it or not I don't. One in my pocket. One on my keyring. One in my coat during cold weather but I have never carried a flashlight in my briefcase. I have a laser pointer and a smartbook but no flashlight. One concern is it could turn on and overheat but I suppose I could carry battery separately. I'm going to have to think about something small to carry in my briefcase that I can lock out.

How about you?

Redhat703

Enlightened
I don't carry briefcase. I do carry a backpack with a SF E2D with MK M361N EDC head in it. HDS Executive Hi CRI in my pants pocket.

LedTed

Enlightened
When I did carry a briefcase, yes. I kept a Maglite Double AA in the top slot next to my writing instruments. And, I had a second, on my belt but tucked into my back left pocket. Both Maglites were in their open top nylon holsters.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a laptop bag, which I consider my briefcase. I EDC/pocket carry a 47 Mini123, but in my laptop bag I only keep a cheap ultrafire 1xCR123 light. It serves as a spare battery holder, and in the event I need a loaner light I won't be too sad if it walks away. I commute in my vehicle, and have additional lights there if I ever need more than my EDC: Surefire 6P with M61, Surefire Fury, two photon keyring lights, and a Fenix LD15.

recDNA

Flashaholic
One nice thing about a 6P is it is easy and safe to lock it out. No way for it to turn on by being bumped in the briefcase. That is my concern. Got to have complete lockout. I would prefer something cheap, bright, small, and easy to completely lock out yet quickly be activated...like I don't want to keep battery separate but your surefires are too big.

Maybe an E1b or detoothed e1d? I carry floody light in my pocket so a tiny thrower might be good in my brief case.

Is ti

Is it easy to lookout a zebralight sc600w?

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I have a laptop bag, which I consider my briefcase.

Same here, without a laptop even in it! Just re-purposing the case since the laptop had been scrapped. I just started bringing it to work to keep some files and random things in there, including my SC600w in the outer pocket.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want someone to make a new fannypack, call it something else and make it popular again... Them things were handy for stuff.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want someone to make a new fannypack, call it something else and make it popular again... Them things were handy for stuff.
I think the marketing term is now "lumbar pack." :) Sure was a great way to lug huge lights...

Other choices include the manpurse... er... "messenger bag." :)

1DaveN

Enlightened
I've got two computer bags (large and small). I keep them both stocked with things like pens etc., and they both have a Fenix E01 with an Energizer lithium primary plus one spare. I don't worry about the E01s turning on accidentally, or any battery issues with the L92s.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've got to get something for it. I carry a smartbook, pens, and a few folders.

It's hard for me to admit I was once enough of a doofus that I actually wore one. A rose by any other name..... Trust me, there're never coming back. They were a lot more comfortable than a pocket full of keys though.

~ Chance

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, CG, I'd have never believed that the Station Wagon would ever come back. Then I saw the "Magnum Wagon." :) Lol, can't fool me! That's a freaking station wagon! :)

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard for me to admit I was once enough of a doofus that I actually wore one. Trust me, there're never coming back. They were a lot more comfortable that a pocket full of keys though.

~ Chance
I proudly wore mine when I used to ride, leather up, slip on pack and load. Though it kind of was hidden amongst jacket and chaps.
Mind you, analog Motorola brick phones were the rage then too.
There has to be something a man can use that won't get in way of jackets and seatbelts... Grr lol.

No doubt about it; the Magunm was all kinds of bitchin! The first one I saw up close and personal was at a dealership in Tacoma. Two guys, looked about 18 or so, pulled it back in to the show room, popped the hood, and replaced the fuse that supplied the power to the anti-slip control. WA-HOO!

~ Chance

I proudly wore mine when I used to ride, leather up, slip on pack and load. Though it kind of was hidden amongst jacket and chaps.
Mind you, analog Motorola brick phones were the rage then too.
There has to be something a man can use that won't get in way of jackets and seatbelts... Grr lol.

Mine had a velcroed hidden pocket where I carried a snub nose 38. Pretty obvious. Did I mention, I hate carrying keys in my pocket.

~ Chance

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I can relate, mine are clipped onto a carabineer that is on my belt, back right side. Spare car an truck key in leather pouch bottom of right front pocket. Only way I'm not getting into my ride is if I've no pants, and that's no guarantee as I'm trained/licensed to open vehicles under job, normally with tools.