Which 4x18650 has the most powerful throw beam?

TeaSipper

Newly Enlightened
The brighter the better. :naughty:

I have yahoos across the street from me who thinks it's funny to turn their work lights directly at me while I'm standing on my porch. I'd like to return the favor.

What throws the nastiest beam of light? Not worrying about the spill or flood, just a concentrated beam if you get my drift.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something laying down near you with an old dresser drawer handle or something to aim it quick, gorilla glue ftw here I'd think.
Otherwise a Vin modded M2X-UT VN? Single Cell but would look like the sun pointed at you?

TeaSipper

Newly Enlightened
Actually I'd like to get a 4x18650 powerful beamer just for the hell of it. Got any in mind?

A mirror is a good idea but it doesn't have strobe. Heh Heh Heh.

Payback.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rig up shutters like venetian blinds? ☺

About a four cell, no sorry, I have no experience.
Maybe check Vin's sales threads..?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I'd like to get a 4x18650 powerful beamer just for the hell of it. Got any in mind?

A mirror is a good idea but it doesn't have strobe. Heh Heh Heh.

Payback.
The Nitecore TM16 is 4000 lumens with a rated throw of over 700 meters. List is $199, but it has recently been on sale for as little as $115. Shop around. It will work with regular 18650, but the recommendation is IMR cells. If you want more than that it gets expensive. The Nitecore TM36 is rated at 1.1 km throw, and comes in two flavors. The complete model has its own rechargeable battery pack, and lists for $400. The TM36Lite uses the battery holder from some of the other TMs, uses four 18650 cells, has less runtime, and lists for around $320. Both should scorch paint across the street.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brighter the better. :naughty:
I have yahoos across the street from me who thinks it's funny to turn their work lights directly at me while I'm standing on my porch. I'd like to return the favor.
What throws the nastiest beam of light? Not worrying about the spill or flood, just a concentrated beam if you get my drift.
Why use a handheld? Get you an array of 8 of these babies for a combined 55,000 lumens. Floody, so no aiming. :)

Just say that you were helping with their area lighting. :) This should help them have a better lit house. :)

"search engine" for Maxlite MLAR100LED50. :)

Last edited:

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
There quite a few choices all depending on budget and size. Vinh's X60vn will put out 6500 lumens and 620k lux. It takes 6 imr or hybrid cells. Tge TK61vn takes 4 cells and puts out 1500 lumens and 620k lux. I just got a M25C2vnT and it does about 900 lumens and 785k lux. It uses 1 IMR cell. Any of these would definitely suit your needs. Just how much do you wanna spend

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Something with an HID bulb might be good as well, though they do have warm up time and require more care to use than LEDs.

I'm not sure what the latest 4 18650 HID light is though. I know the Magic Scorpion 65w or the Firefoxes F3 were both nice a few years back.