Surefire G2X Pro clearance at Walmart

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I did a quick search and had not seen this posted. Sorry if I missed it or if this type of post is not ok or in the wrong place.

Have seen these Surefire G2X Pros on clearance for $35 in several Walmarts located in N.E South Dakota area.

1_16_08_15_6_28_10.jpeg

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I'm in Sioux Falls, so I'll have to check the WM in the area.

I did not get to check any of the Sioux Falls Walmarts today.

I got this one in Brookings, SD. They had probably six left on the peg tonight.

I did not see any in the Vermillion, SD Walmart.

Last weekend there was two on the peg in the Watertown, SD Walmart after I left.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the "new" version too. Great deal if you buy one. Get a few 16650's and a charger and you're set.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine for $30 off Amazon but that too is certainly a great deal.

One thing I've noticed with Wally World specials is that they are highly regional. I've followed a few advices here over the years and my local Chimart never has anything on sale like the other ones. It does the Black Friday thing but that's about all.

These G2X lites are actually also on your favorite online auction that rhymes with Bay. And also in the $30 range.

How does the tail cap work with this light? Is it the older style where you push for momentary and twist/tighten for constant on or the newer style with a clicky? Sadly it seems like the old "tactical style" is going away replaced by the clicky. It's ironic since I used to like the clicky but only the last couple years became a convert to the old style version.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both. you can either tighten it do the click thing or click it on and then twist on / off.

I am so used to twisty that I don't use the click feature. I use it in the twisty mode though I have no idea if it's supposed to do that.

The tailcap fit is very tight.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Every time I am in a Walmart, I search for Surefires, and I have never seen one in any of the stores in New England.

Sadly the west side WM didn't have any nor any spot on the shelf for one. I didn't check the other WMs but I expect the same will be true there. It's not like I really need one but still..

mhanlen

Enlightened
I've seen these in several walmarts in different states for years. They are either in the glass case that sells knives... Or in the same aisle as ammo/at rifles.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I've seen these in several walmarts in different states for years. They are either in the glass case that sells knives... Or in the same aisle as ammo/at rifles.

That is where I have been checking... plus the flashlight section in the camping part of the store. Eventually I give up and go look at the Star Wars toys, get frustrated at the lack of new stuff there, so I buy a can of Pringles to eat on the way home, and leave.

I guess that is why I don't go to Walmart all that often anymore! :)

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quick search and had not seen this posted. Sorry if I missed it or if this type of post is not ok or in the wrong place.

Have seen these Surefire G2X Pros on clearance for $35 in several Walmarts located in N.E South Dakota area.

1_16_08_15_6_28_10.jpeg

BRB, Walmart! *NO CARRIER*

mhanlen

Enlightened
That is where I have been checking... plus the flashlight section in the camping part of the store. Eventually I give up and go look at the Star Wars toys, get frustrated at the lack of new stuff there, so I buy a can of Pringles to eat on the way home, and leave.

I guess that is why I don't go to Walmart all that often anymore! :)

Oh well... If that's where you're looking and they ain't there- sorry! I've noticed them in Arkansas, Missouri, and Virginia. I'll have to check and see if it's on special at mine. Although I don't know why I'd want one.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Oh well... If that's where you're looking and they ain't there- sorry! I've noticed them in Arkansas, Missouri, and Virginia. I'll have to check and see if it's on special at mine. Although I don't know why I'd want one.

Instant gratification! And they are on sale!!! :)