Dream Light (that I wish existed)

This is kind of a random thought, so forgive me if it's a little frivolous.:ohgeez: But I really wish my "dream light" existed. I would be a combination of a few different weapons lights. First off I'd take the basic form factor and switch from the Inforce WML (Travis Haley version). This light mounts directly to a 1913 rail with a very very low profile integral mount. It has what I consider to be easily the best momentary switch of any WML; it's momentary-only and angled a bit and is shaped around your thumb. You kind of have to look a pic or handle it to really appreciate it. The whole thing is very compact and can ride at 12:00 on a rifle without being in the way, and when holding with a C-clamp left grip the switch right under your thumb. Brilliant! But the light is a little bit too blue and build quality isn't as bomb proof as it could be, especially the mount.

Next I'd cop the side-by-side, low profile battery compartment of my Surefire X300 Ultra. This makes the body wider and flat, lower profile than the bezel. Two batteries can either give better runtime vs the one cell of the Inforce, or higher output, or some of both. The integral mount is also low profile and it's even better than the Inforce. But I'm not crazy about the switch and like many/most SF lights the beam has a greenish cast.

Lastly I'd have the light actually manufactured by Elzetta! I've never seen anything built as well as their lights. I'd love to have a low profile weapon light with the switching system of the Inforce/Haley WML, the side-by-side dual battery compartment and superb rail mount of the Surefire but with the incredible durability of the Elzetta. The light engine could be based on the AVS head or utilize a Malkoff drop in. The color and power of Elzetta or Malkoff would be awesome in a small, low pro WML!

What fantasy light do you wish someone would build?

BTW, I'd also love to see an Elzetta Alpha2​ light. This would be basically an Alpha but two cell. You might say, Wouldn't that be a Bravo? No, the Alpha has a body and head that's one piece with removable bezel rings vs a body with different bezels and heads for the Bravo and Charlie. And Alpha2​ would be a little smaller in diameter at the head while still retaining a crenelated bezel, plus it would have the Alpha emitter (or something very similar) vs using M60/M61 drop ins. Basically it would either have the exact same output as an Alpha with longer runtime or slightly elevated output and the same runtime. Plus it would ride just a smidge lower in my pocket due to the added body length. I love my Bravo and Charlie but I'd be really stoked to add an Alpha2​ to my EDC lineup!:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited: