2150 lumens from 8xAA? Nitecore has done it! New 2015 EA81

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than using the XHP50 and the new standard UI, it really doesn't bring anything to the table. It's like the EA8 vs the EAX - twice the lumens but doesn't throw any further, so just puts more light downrange. It actually isn't as bright of a beam - 53K candelas vs 60K for the EA8. It's nice to see Nitecore adding the XHP50 emitter to the family, but if you already have an EA8, there is really little reason to upgrade.

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Banned
Other than that textured reflector and possible cool white tint. I like the output spacing of that light. 80lms for 32hrs is a perfect output for using on long treks in western ghats.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore needs a new hand model!
Same one used on MH20, I suspect.
In that picture it nearly makes me ill to catch it in my periphery even.
At first I thought fella had two index fingers.
Probably just me but, dang.

markr6

Flashaholic
Great mode spacing and runtimes. But 8 batteries just seems crazy to me after getting into 18650s years ago. But for AA lovers, this looks like a good one!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree it isn't that different but it does offer greater overall output from a AA light than its competitors with useful lower modes. I know it sounds dumb but to most of my friends 2000 plus lumens from a single led is more impressive than from two leds lol. I'm a suckered for AA lights anyway

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore needs a new hand model!
Same one used on MH20, I suspect.
In that picture it nearly makes me ill to catch it in my periphery even.
At first I thought fella had two index fingers.
Probably just me but, dang.

Photoshop doesn't lie. :oops: :oops:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be the heat sinking that will win me. If it is good enough, then I wouldn't expect an automatic step down, but looking at the run times, looks like both high and turbo has step down?

PartyPete

Enlightened
Awesome news for AA* lovers.

(* The battery, not the organization ) [emoji1]

J-mosh

Newly Enlightened
Great mode spacing and runtimes. But 8 batteries just seems crazy to me after getting into 18650s years ago. But for AA lovers, this looks like a good one!

I'm new to the higher end flashlight game but started out getting lights that run on 18650's. Then thought to myself it might be a good idea to have some that run on other power sources incase of an emergency. I now have 2 Nitecore and 1 thrunite light that run on AA's.
P.s. I have become obsessed with flashlights lol