Dorcy AAA sister light?

Overload

Newly Enlightened
At KMart tonight I was trolling the flashlight isle, and found nothing. However, over in sporting goods I found a flashlight by Northwest Territory (a Kmart House Brand), called the mini LED Power Flashlight. It's a bullet shaped light powered by 3 LR44 watch batterys. Size is about the same as a AA battery. It comes with a swivel clip and a keychain. Package even says it uses a Nichia LED bulb.
Now, here's the Dorcy part: the tail is the same button- wire hanger screw on part off the Dorcy AAA. Are the two related, or just using a common part?

Overload in Colorado

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Kmart today. I did not see the light I think you described. They did have a small keychain light that I could not determine if it came apart so that batteries could be replaced. It looked as if it would use the L44 button batteries, but there were no instructions. The tailswitch was not flat, but a small rod with a hole to fit on a key ring. It was $1.99. Seemed bright enough.

They also had some flat Photon type keychain lights for the same price. They seemed bright enough. Price as also $1.99. I figured that it was not going to be any better than the $1 light from CC.

Jerry

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of those lights about 3 months ago at a local KMart. Seems to be a pretty nice little light, but I'm not crazy about button cell powered lights because of the short run-time. I use the swivel clip that came with it on my Ultra-G...it's a tight fit, but once you get it on it works nicely. You have to put it on from the tail end of the Ultra-G. I think the light cost about 9 bucks or so, and seems to be pretty sturdy.

PJD