Eagletac T25C2 XML2-U2 vs New XP-L HI

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened
So I have had the T25c2 since it came out. I use it alot for camping and as a directional headlamp on my helmet when riding my Yam Raptor 700r at the dunes at night. It also lives on my edc bag as my spare light should i forget my regular edc light. While i love this light i have always wanted a better color and a wee bit more throw. So when ET came out with the drop in XP-L HI dedomed i was like hell yea. I just got it and took a few beam shots in the garage. Shots are from 15 feet and are on high after about 30 seconds. I think when it gets dark i might go down to the park and see how much better the throw is. So far i am loving the color. The XP-L HI is a little bit tighter hot spot but from the pic the spill is about the same, definatly need to get it outside in the dark to see the real difference.
XML2-U2
XP-L HI

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics and looking forward to your night time beam shots.
Yeah, my camera doesn't allow me to vary the f stops and the differences between the sizes of the XML2 and XPL HI hotspots are not shown.
I find that putting them side by side helps, and taking the pictures in an area with more ambient light, so that the hotspots are less intense and doesn't overwhelm the camera, also helps.