Question about Surefire Titan Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysbeam

Enlightened

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it, lol. Try moderating all that sometime. ;)

I imagine we are like running a daycare. Very weird kids.. but someone has to keep us from beating each other with our flashlights... because I could see that happening at very large get together.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that thread took forever to go over, kinda pointless reading. Same few people repeating themselves over and over just in different ways of saying it.

this thread resembles that remark :welcome:

let me put it this way:
Any new postings on it would probably just re-hash the predictions/speculation/etc.

Last edited:

Raysbeam

Enlightened
maybe ask Surfire, or wait until the product is released and reviewed..
or if youre entertained by speculation, Sure... Fire away. I speculate it wont last more than 10 seconds
If you want a aaa pocket rocket, look at the TiSvn with DriverVn, but its not NiMh powered...

I only asked here to see what others thought as I was having a discussion about this with David Chow and he said it's not possible and I agree with him.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a video on the SF website, and there's a release date.
SF is not one to inflate claims, and what may be "impossible" for some may be achievable for others.
I've seen that discussion on Facebook, and IMHO it could use a bit more objectivity and less bias.

Raysbeam

Enlightened
I feel different about it as Olight, Fenix, foursevens and many more have always outdone surefire in output, if it was physically possible we would already have this product on the market years ago. What would be the point of owning a light that can run for 10 seconds? Is that even useful? What he's trying to say is you can't defy physics.

"No single AAA nimh on the planet will be able to push 300 lumens. impossible. 6w to led, almost 10w from the battery before boost circuit. You're looking at 10 amps or more. The battery will drop to .7v or below even when fully charged. nimh hasn't improved much in the last decade - not like lithium has."

But it's always nice to have a good debate, we will see when reviewers have them in hand for testing. I bet Surefire will have a few unhappy customers with this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.