Urine "powered" flashlight (nope, not a joke)

d'mo

Enlightened
Urine \"powered\" flashlight (nope, not a joke)

Now I've seen everything. Actually, it sounds like a good idea for an emergency though... Here's the link

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Re: Urine \"powered\" flashlight (nope, not a joke)

Yes, good idea, but "Made for one time use only. " After use even for one hour you can put it into bin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Urine \'\'powered\'\' flashlight (nope, not a joke

Notice that they don't tell us how much current or voltage is supplied -- and they don't say how bright (or dim) it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

stew

Newly Enlightened

I dont know, but I really like my nightstar flashlight for emergencies.

d'mo

Enlightened

FrenchyLED, I don't think I'd, um, want to use it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

SilverFox, I can hear my mother's voice now; "Don't forget to wash after you use the flashlight."

That gives me another thought: after "activating" it, would you really want to carry it around? I suppose it adds a whole new meaning to carrying spare "batteries." Heck, a can-o-beer* would do nicely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

disclaimer: Personally I do not consume alcohol, so any refreshing beverage would do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello D'mo,

Got quite a chuckle from your post. It motivated me to edit my signature line...

Tom

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's confusing, since if you need a light to find your way to the toilet, you fill up this light, but then you don't need to go anymore.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Especially after 24 beers, it's not going to be pretty. AND WHAT IF, the battery develops a little charge and it conducts back to YOU. Dangerous, very dangerous-urine flying everywhere, you on your back unconscious from the shock and they find with your pants down with a fried member-IS THIS ANY WAY TO DIE?.

d'mo

Enlightened

I guess because this light is intended for emergencies, the makers aren't concerned with a little "spillage."

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

It'll have to be a big emergency before I dip my wick into a live battery. Just looking out for the safety of our members (sorry).

StevieRay

Enlightened

Hey! Is that flashlight urine or mine ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

ROFL... too funny, you guys... Just remember tho, if you're 'recharging' the light on a cold winter's night outdoors, don't get too close to the rim of the light!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Edit: Never mind that, i see its made out of plastic, so pretty much safe I'd say... Anyway can you guys see how small the hole is for you to pour 'liquid batteries' in? I'd hate to be attempting this after a few cans of beer, not to mention 24!! Heck, I might as well pull out the head of the light and hold it in my hands after that!!

By the way, it DOES say that you can use any water based solution, you know... Its amazing how we have 'selective reading' sometimes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
Re: Urine \"powered\" flashlight (nope, not a joke)

I suspect this is related to saltwater activated aluminum cells? Might want to ask down in batteries!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: Urine

Brings new meaning to the phrase "pissing your money away"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will they make it in different "battery" sizes for different sized bladders?

If you'd gotten stuck on an elevator in the last big blackout with this flashlight, you would've found relief and illumination at the same time!