Possible to install Pyrex lense into Surefire G2x?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I don't like about G2x is the polycarb lense scratches very easily, even if you just slightly rub it.

I have a spare Pyrex lense laying around from a Surefire 6P, as well as the tool to remove it. Will the 6P lense fit the G2x bezel? If not, alternatives?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to assume it's thicker. Is there a substitute that's the same size? But a better quality lense?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you want to utilize the lens you have now. However, as a back up plan if that won't fit:

If you were to pull the original and measure it, then check the drop down menus at flashlightlens.com and see what they have. If you don't see it, contact them, they will make you whatever you are willing to pay for.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Years ago I tried to put a 6P lens in a G2X, didn't fit. Don't remember which dimensions were off, probably both diameter and thickness, but at that time I couldn't find an over the counter lens from flashlightlens.com that would fit. That may be different today, but if they could make one, I'll bet a lot of people would want one too.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pyrex?! crazy man! Could have sworn I read Armytek is using somekind of Pyrex now...an expensive proposition

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The problem isn't usually the lens, but the bezel retaining ring. The X series lights use a one piece lens and retainer, so you can't remove one without removing the other. And no one makes an X compatible custom retaining ring, needed to hold the new lens in place. Unless you get lucky: separate parts came out or the 6P ring works?

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you apply essentially a "screen protector" to it? Like for a smartphone or other device? Are there ones out there that are clear enough for this purpose on a light?

Actually I have a Nintendo 3DS with a protector like that on it... I wonder if I still have an extra one of those. I could try it on my G2X pro.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
With respect, this would be essentially impossible to do cleanly with a conventional screen protector. Not to mention The heat generated would likely deteriorate the material at a much faster rate and peel.

Possibly the harder variety stick ons? Still don't know about the heat and it will be a total PIA to cut ( if it can be ) and apply it perfectly.

Try the wax, Im sure you got some carnauba somewhere...DO NOT use rubbing compound or any other than the pure carnauba wax variety. If you can't find some ask the neighbor. A 1" gob of it in a ziplock will last you years until it dries out. There is also headlight restorer for you car that is specifically made for Acrylics.