Quality pink light for the wife

magcharger101

Newly Enlightened
One of my worst fears came about today. The wife confronted me about having a possible light addiction. I dont understand why other than i cant wait for the sun to dissappear on a daily basis until she showed me the bank statements (busted)!!! So i proceed to explain why and not make it sound like a "crack head in denial". Then she informed me that i have a problem. Then i infromed her "i do not have a problem untill all my batteries are dead then theres a big problem" (need more batteries). So now she is wanting a nice small pink quality led light. Hopefully rechargeable. See where im going here. Trying to bring her over to the dark side. Any recommendations other than divorce (she might get half or all my lights. Hell she can have the dog and farm)

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my wife tries to take me on regarding my flashlight addiction, I tell her how much I want a 225H.P. outboard motor by Honda. Pretty much cans the conversation every time when I explain how I don't have a boat to attach it to.

Disclosure: I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't gamble, I don't use drugs, I don't hunt, I don't fish and I don't fool around. The point, a man has to have at least one vice and that's fallen onto the shoulders of flashlights.

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I'm fortunate that my wife is relatively understanding of my collecting hobby. There's a little bit of give-and-take though...

Ronnie: "Hey, look at this new light I got yesterday... isn't it nifty?"
Wifey: "Neat. It looks just like the other one ..." (smiles and shakes head)
Ronnie: "Yeah, but this one is made out of titanium! That other one is aluminum."
Wifey: "Well, it sure is pretty. I'm glad you like it. By the way, I'm going to order a new pair of shoes."
Ronnie: "OK."

... some time shortly thereafter ....

Wifey: "Hey, look at these new shoes I got yesterday... aren't they pretty?"
Ronnie: "Neat. They look just like other pair..." (smiles and shakes head)
Wifey: "Yeah, but these are pink! The other pair is black."
Ronnie: "Well, they sure are pretty. I'm glad you like them. By the way, I'm going to order a new flashlight."
Wifey: "OK."

A couple of suggestions beyond those above:
1) Xeno E03
2) Olight i3s
...both come in a 'rose' color that's pretty darned close to pink. Both are very nice to use. I have given both of them to the missus, and they've been well received.

GearHunter

Enlightened
One of my worst fears came about today. The wife confronted me about having a possible light addiction. I dont understand why other than i cant wait for the sun to dissappear on a daily basis until she showed me the bank statements (busted)!!! So i proceed to explain why and not make it sound like a "crack head in denial". Then she informed me that i have a problem. Then i infromed her "i do not have a problem untill all my batteries are dead then theres a big problem" (need more batteries). So now she is wanting a nice small pink quality led light. Hopefully rechargeable. See where im going here. Trying to bring her over to the dark side. Any recommendations other than divorce (she might get half or all my lights. Hell she can have the dog and farm)

I say go big or go home! Prison pink ceracoated HDS rotary. Show here that you love her enough to get her the best. That you wouldn't trust her safety just any old pink light. Once she gets her hands on it and the two of you program it just for her....

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you can track down a pink Malkoff MD2 for her?

My first thought. Maybe to big...but you could explain to her the Malkoff legend and how hard it was to find.....brownie points to cash in later!

If not, what about a pink Maglite with a niteize upgrade - clicky / LED kit and some Duraloops?

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=288

http://www.streamlight.com/it-it/product/product.html?pid=187

Red: http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=1810

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=pink flashlight&cat_id=0

Im morally obligated to throw this disclaimer in though

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, this gets into a problem I have overall. I wish the big companies would put out more "special editions" like Fenix did a while back with the TK22. We need more variety in anodizing colors. I've seen some people custom cerakote lights and things like that, but it's nothing I want to do myself as I don't want to deal with chemicals/sanding/etc.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get her a PURPLE E01. She'll love it so much that she won't care that it's not pink.

nbp

Flashaholic
I built a light for a girl once and had it cerakoted her favorite color and she went gaga for it. I recommend this path. Lol.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what you should do OP?

Put the light in one of those expensive necklace boxes and a proper ribbon bow. Maybe ask around work and see if any of your buddies has a Tiffany's box at home you could borrow? ( Or at least one that looks expensive. ) Present her with it when a flashlight is not even in her galaxy of thought that day. Tell her you really put some time into your financial planning and you wanted to commemorate your new found sense of financial well being and you thought she deserved a significant gift before you start your new journey together. Depending on her sense of humor, you will either be sleeping in your own bed or on the couch. Please video tape it so we can watch it on youtube. Maybe it will go viral and make you rich!

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea of buying her a quality light. She may appreciate it more, however, if she does not start at the top. Get her something good like the a pink L3 Illumination L10. A few weeks later, surprise her with a pink Nitecore Tube. All the while, you can be hunting for a pink Malkoff MD2. She will love it when she sees it.

This strategy also has a bonus for you. It gets her in the habit of upgrading! If it works out for her, how can she complain when you do it? :devil:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd say start with a simple AAA keychain light or something. Once she "sees the light" after loosing something in the dark, then upgrade her to something bigger and brighter.

Maybe something like the Fenix E05, 4sevens Preon, or one of the pink suggestions in previous posts.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built a light for a girl once and had it cerakoted her favorite color and she went gaga for it. I recommend this path. Lol.

I once put rubies in an elephant for eyes for a girl I was sweet on. She went gaga over it. Me? Not so much. :p

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight i3s in Red or Purple. Eneloop batteries are rechargeable. Delete the pocket clip and keychain with triangle attachment. Add a jump ring and mini clip as pictured.
IMG_8779.JPG

The Olight comes on at Medium first, this makes it as useful as a single mode for non flashoholics. It also has possibly the smoothest threads of any of the lights mentioned.

Olight i3s could be modified to use a high CRI LED. PM me if you need names of modders I recommend.

Or start her with a high CRI light, such as a Prometheus Beta or Atom AO Titanium (except that they both come on in Low mode first, not very useful most of the time), they dont come in pink, and they are heavier than the Olight.