Nitecore EC11 vs Nitecore MT10C for an EDC?

SPIRITJCC98

Newly Enlightened
Looking at getting one or the other in the next day or so. Just interested in other opinions and observations on either of these lights. I am familiar with the EC11vn - Pocket 18350 Fury and that is enticing to me, however so is the MT10C in its native form and the possibilities down the road should Vihn decide to perform his magic on one. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

SPIRITJCC98

Newly Enlightened
Almost 50 views and no opinions? :confused: I know someone out there is versed and has some opinions they would like to share. Thanks again.

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Looking at getting one or the other in the next day or so. Just interested in other opinions and observations on either of these lights. I am familiar with the EC11vn - Pocket 18350 Fury and that is enticing to me, however so is the MT10C in its native form and the possibilities down the road should Vihn decide to perform his magic on one. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

I dont know about the MT10C
But the EC11 even in its bare form is exciting. Been using it for a week now and its really a nice one to keep.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd vote for the MT for the much better low lumen efficiency and emergency runtime - I don't know why the EC series seems to sacrifice so much efficiency on low end.

I know we all have different EDC needs, but I find much of mine (close task work, usually with my hands) falls in the 3-10 lumen range with 20-50 hour runtimes. As much as I love 100+ hr low lows, sometimes it's not enough and 70 lumens just throws too much glare back (w/close task work) and with poor runtimes.

RBWNY

Enlightened
If you're still looking... I have both lights, and AFAIC they BOTH have their positives. If you want tactical in your pocket, get the MT. If you want a super small profile, get the EC. What I find strange about the MT, is they made low, considerably higher than lower-low, then there's barely no discernible difference between low and medium! 1 to 70 is alot. 70 to 180 is almost not noticeable. So, I'd recommend it much more if they'd make low at 20, so there would be a less harsh jump to low, and more of a difference to medium. Of course if a CR123 is your choice...then the outputs are more evenly spaced.

Other than that, I like how when you get to turbo, that you can go down again (high-medium-low) by pressing the other button, instead of just going from turbo to 1 lumen.

SPIRITJCC98

Newly Enlightened
Well I bit the bullet per se and ordered the MT10c. So far I really like it. A little different in operation than the EC1 I had, which I had grown to like the U.I. of. So I have only witnessed its capabilities with some 123 primaries and some 16340's I already had and performance was ok. I had ordered some 18350's with it thinking they would work ok but they did not work at all. So fyi to all, and verified by Battery Junction, 18350's that are NOT IMR will NOT work with the MT10c. So I swapped out the non IMR 18350's with some Efest IMR's and wa-la the light works great. Haven't got to do the night walk test with the batteries but should be a noticeable difference with the new batts. So far I believe this one will be my new fav for my edc.

qwezxc12

Newly Enlightened
Any opinions as to whether the EC11 could be "too" small... especially when manipulating with gloves or cold hands?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cold hands shouldn't be a problem, it doesn't take that much pressure to activate the switched. Heavy cowhide gloves, especially insulated ones might be a problem, although I think if one used their thumbnail rather than the ball of the finger to activate the switches it should be okay. Experience is the only definitive answer, though.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the EC11, and then promptly found out about the MT10C of which I think I would prefer the interface. The EC11 has visible PWM on the three middle modes if I point the light at me and wave it in my face, is this the same for the MT10C too?

Cheers,

Mick

Whitehawkup

Newly Enlightened
I love the smaller size of the EC11 but I was shocked about the listed runtime on low. The MT10c boasts 120 hours on a 1 lumen low mode whereas the EC11 is listed at only 12 hours for the same 1 lumen mode. Could this be a typo? Can anyone confirm runtimes?