Help, ArmyTek Prime (non pro) A1 - acting up

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have this ArmyTek light and I loaded it with a freshly charged Eneloop (cell reads 1.43v), so I click on the light, it goes to Firefly 1, then I double click it and get Max.

The thing is, Max lasts for 2 seconds then the light goes dead, i click again, the light turns on in max, 2 secs and dies AGAIN. Argh, this light was my first purchase after 5 years of not buying lights. Help anyone?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear... Have you tried different Eneloops? Did you get your AW14500? (Read your post you were having 14500 problems too).

I have a Prime Pro A1 and my sample seems to have a few "issues," but it does hit turbo on old Eneloops and a 14500 (although not what AT specs). I also ran turbo on an L91 (but not brand new) and it blinked off/on low batt warns and shut down in ~ 10 secs.

If it's the same on different batts, it might be faulty and need a swap or warranty repair.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, ok, i will go charge up all my eneloops and see. Thanks

UPDATE:

Ok, its time to change the eneloops right, weird behaviour from the cells. For all cells, this was the test, first Firefly1 - double click - Turbo.

1st type of behaviour: completely okay, no problems;
2nd type of behaviour: cell enters Turbo, blinks twice, then continues operation (whether on turbo or it has stepped down a mode I cannot tell)
3rd type of behaviour: cell enters Turbo, goes off after 2 seconds.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old are your Eneloops, what charger do you use, and are you rough on the cells? (ie, deep discharges, leave cell in charger, etc)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old are your Eneloops, what charger do you use, and are you rough on the cells? (ie, deep discharges, leave cell in charger, etc)

Hi, my eneloops are about 10 years old, I tried a pair of energizer rechargeables which are about a few months old, no problem, so it's probably the cells.

The charger is an energizer, but I am switching quite soon to an Xtar XP4, I am guilty of leaving the cells in the charger but never for extended periods of time, say, i start charging in the evening, go to bed and next morning wake up to turn off the charger and take the cells out.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, my eneloops are about 10 years old, I tried a pair of energizer rechargeables which are about a few months old, no problem, so it's probably the cells.

Seems pretty clear it's the battery, not the light.

The light blinking twice then dropping to firefly is what it does when the battery can no longer provide enough power to run on that mode. Turbo (max) is obviously the most demanding mode, so weak batteries will show problems in that mode first.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems pretty clear it's the battery, not the light.

The light blinking twice then dropping to firefly is what it does when the battery can no longer provide enough power to run on that mode. Turbo (max) is obviously the most demanding mode, so weak batteries will show problems in that mode first.

Thanks for the information, guess it's time to change cells :)