ever see this flash light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i picked it up thought it was led.even said led on box well that how i read it but it looks odd
e.jpg

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen those on eBay...look for 'carabiner flashlight' or try 'LED flashlight'. I think I've also seen them at my local hardware store...

decent or should I skip it?

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I've seen them at the University of BC's bookstore (in a camping/bags section). They didn't have any with batteries already in them though, so I couldn't tell how bright the LED is. When I was looking at them briefly, I did notice that they use little watch cell batteries, instead of say, 1 AAA.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have them in the shops here as well. I have a feeling that they are mass produced from China or somewhere like that. I had a look/feel at one (w/o batts), and IMHO its only worth getting if its really cheap. Doesn't feel too solid, and seems more of a novelty than anything. Its supposed to be a led light and runs on the button cells. I would say don't expect too much out of it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o it was 5 bucks usa with a gerber knock off knife and someother multi function knife and a sheath lol

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
I bought one of the Highgear units at Galyans some months back. On clearance about $3.99 US with cells. They still have them at my store. Runs on (4) AG3 cells, blue-white LED, direct drive, not real bright but usable, doesn't even pretend to be water resistant. I would suggest anyone thinking about buying one put their money toward the Dorcy 1AAA 1LED at Wal-Mart for $5.94 if you can find them. Its not a carabiner. See the following threads:
Dorcy 1AA 3LED vs Dorcy 1AAA vs ARC AAA
Dorcy LED AAA-Very nice and Bright for 6 bucks!
Dorcy AAA....Reflector Removal?
and others I think as well as scattered mentions and a bunch of threads in Mods.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 -

I had wondered how you got redeemed.

At least the light won't fall off of the clip and the clip won't come loose from a belt loop. This way no one can say, "Left home without EDC." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts