Top 5 Favorite Luxury Candles

Richardzy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just wondering what everyone's top 5 favorite luxury candles are (any scent from any brand).

For me, they are:

Cera Maison - Dusk to Dawn
Diptyque - Feu De Bois
Malin & Goetz - Dark Rum
Cire Trudon - Abd El Kader
Fornasetti - Burlesque

Hope to hear what your favorites are too!
b.png

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this thread is taking it back very old school.

The good ole days of a light that had "one candle power".

nbp

Flashaholic
I like the smell of lithium batteries, does that count?

I once had a friend make me a Drakkar Noir scented candle. It was pretty good, but that's such a heavy scent, you don't really burn it often.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man... I'd love to get my nose on these. LITERALLY candle power forums lol.

I have a decent sized fragrance collection from years ago, but haven't made purchases in a long time in that department. Fragrance related stuff can be an expensive hobby just like lights. Some are such artistic masterpieces that it can become about just enjoying the smells rather than wearing it for other people.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Any of the woodsy or outdoor Yankee Candle scents from Fall and Winter....Christmas tree, fall leaves etc

Oh man... I'd love to get my nose on these. LITERALLY candle power forums lol.

I have a decent sized fragrance collection from years ago, but haven't made purchases in a long time in that department. Fragrance related stuff can be an expensive hobby just like lights. Some are such artistic masterpieces that it can become about just enjoying the smells rather than wearing it for other people.

For those of you that choose to wear a fragrance, remember, it should be discovered, not announced; and never more than at arms length. Also, whenever possible, take the stairs. People really don't want to ride the elevator with you. :green:

~ Chance

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Top 5 favorite luxury candles? 1-5 are all unscented beeswax candles. You can also eat them, should you decide to.

Aside from that, you can add a little lye to thicken a rendered fat. Beef tallow candles are smoky and kind of stink, so they aren't a favorite of mine.

Candleberry makes good candles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrica

An essential oil extract of a plant cut with a more neutral oil such as grapeseed, canola, or olive is good in an oil candle.