Why is the LSH an upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I ordered the ARC LSL special, and I was upgraded to an ARC LSH-S (thanks, ARC).

My question: As a new "flashaholic" what is the difference between a "low dome" and a "high dome" light, and other than selling for a higher price, why is the LSH an upgrade over the LSL?

Thanks.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
Please read the FAQ for Low Dome vs. High Dome, there are also 3 links to other threads where this topic is discussed.

Upgrade: The Led of the LSH seems to be superior to that of the LSL and most people like the LSH because of it tighter beam more, thats the only explanation I can think of.

I also got an LSH for my LSL order, I'm VERY happy with this! Btw.: Which number does your LSH have?

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hope you guys are happy with the upgrade. I had to order and pay the sale price for the LSH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
DavidTHR,

IMPORTANT: I think that the FAQ and usually referenced threads on high vs. low dome do not put nearly enough emphasis on the TINT of the high dome. It is so much whiter and nicer that for me there is no contest. It is not a question of wide vs. tight beam. The high dome still has a nice amount of spill light together with its tighter, whiter hot spot--a very nice combination. The high dome LED also has fewer artifacts. Clearly the better beam IMHO. So, you should feel that this is a VERY nice upgrade, and it is in no uncertain terms an UP-grade. Congratulations

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ahem ... I am not so sure, sorry to disagree. OK, the HD ihas a more consistent white, but that does rarely matter in real life. On the other hand, the LD has a bigger and smoother-fading hotspot that is more useful in intermediate distances when the weak spill of the HD becomes insignificant and you're left with the small hotspot. Further more, both of them are plagued with beam artifacts (again of no concern in real life), the HD with the well known star-pattern and the LD with irregular artifacts, both with teh NX05 here.
So ... to sum it up ... I do not give up on the LDs yet ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
I also received an upgrade to an LSH. I bought an LHL the first go round, and was quite happy with the color (luck of the draw). The LSH was a VERY pleasant surprise. I like them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.