*new* Fenix TK35UE 2015 edition: Cree XHP 50 LED, max 2000 lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicstone12

Banned
Edit: Possible shilling thread closed.
FYI; While discussion threads are of course permitted, creating a thread by merely posting a website hyperlink & a 'file pic' is not an acceptable discussion opener.

Last edited by a moderator:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
XHP50 and XHP70 really seem to be true ground breakers. Two plus times the output of the XML2 and they run cooler....but dammit I JUST got my XML2 U2 2015 TK35 I wish Fenix would publish say a 6 month product introduction schedule and keep it current so I know what to save my money for. Im a throw man anyways and the 2015 TK35 out throws the XHP50 version by 5K so Im not to bummed. Cree has been rocking over the last year with MK-R's, U3 and U4's etc. looked at Crees YT page and they demonstrate the XHP50 being used to upgrade street lights looks awesome. Now Im seeing XHP50 car headlight upgrades? Serious capability.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks awesome.

I'm wondering about the intensity though. This light has 25600 listed with a 50mm head and the Nitecore EA81 has about 50000 with a 60mm head. Looking at pics the reflector isn't that much bigger in the EA81. Maybe it's deeper overall I guess which might give it much better throw.

Looks like it will have about the beam profile of my E50, but just brighter and cool white.

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we know anything about the CCT and CRI of the emitter used in Fenix TK35UE 2015 Edition?

The Cree data sheets shows XHP50 emitters with a wide range of values.

markr6

Flashaholic
Do we know anything about the CCT and CRI of the emitter used in Fenix TK35UE 2015 Edition?

The Cree data sheets shows XHP50 emitters with a wide range of values.

I'm sure the usual cool blue, but I always hold out some hope until we find out for sure :)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It won't throw quite as nicely as an XM-L2 in this light, but at least it's different enough from the MT-G2 in here which is such a flood monster in this size reflector.

It's really interesting to me that right now you literally can choose 3 different TK35's all with different beam patterns from more throwy to very floody.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK35 XM-L2 (mod NW) and was going to buy TK35 EU (1800 lm)
I saw the new version in 2015 but I do not know if that's what I'm after.
I asked a few days ago on solid information.
When Fenix answer me write the information here.

I ask myself if with this led the 2015 version will have a very wide beam as the previous version

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK35 XM-L2 (mod NW) and was going to buy TK35 EU (1800 lm)
I saw the new version in 2015 but I do not know if that's what I'm after.
I asked a few days ago on solid information.
When Fenix answer me write the information here.

I ask myself if with this led the 2015 version will have a very wide beam as the previous version

I think the XHP50 version will throw better than the MT-G2 version but not as well as the standard XM-L2 version. Sort of in the middle. I think it will be a fantastic "everything" light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the 1800 lumen UE. Just couldnt warm up to the MTG2 it seemed to diffuse to my eyes. I like having a defined hot spot flooder or not so I sold it. This XHP50 actually seems to be a defined flooder in the Fenix pics but will wait for user reviews and pics before I drop more coin. Ive owned every edition of the TK35 since the first XM-L years ago and loved them all except the MTG2. Love the 4mm shorter new 2015 XML2 and how theyve redesigned the tail to be serviceable if needed. Now if they could just engineer out the need for the battery carrier. Still not sold on the "lossless orange peel" reflector though I think its actually overdone. I feel a less aggressive texturing of the reflector would yield a beam just as floody but with a bit more reach.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the XHP50 version will throw better than the MT-G2 version but not as well as the standard XM-L2 version. Sort of in the middle. I think it will be a fantastic "everything" light.

Any idea on the width of the light beam?
The 1800 lumens version is impressive with his spot and wide beam, I would have liked a version 2015 with the same wide-angle and only a few meters more

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the TK35 lights have mode memory, right? It functions like an E40 where it comes on in whatever mode it was in last?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has memory for steady modes indeed.

Low through high? What about the 2000 lumen mode? Is there a way to make it come on in turbo? I couldn't find that. Will it come on in turbo if it hasn't already stepped down from heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.