SF C2/M2 combat body question

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know why the SF C2/M2 body is square just in front of the grip ring? I don't like this configuration as much as the Z2/3 or M3 body, which is ROUND forward of the grip ring. I know SF has to go off round where the pocket clip is, but did they have to make that section almost entirely square, and why? Anyone?

Don't get me wrong, it's still much nicer in the hand than a D2 or 6P, but I was just wondering.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M2/C2 body has not always had four flat faces. They had two flat faces - the rounded belly was changed for the M2 Strider combo - perhaps to be able to etch additional logos on?

I guess the sides are flat because it's easier to grip - locate the grip because of the pocketclip.
I guess the belly doesn't matter whether it is flat or not - in fact I guess the flat version may expose more of the grip ring for a more secure grip "the wrong way" ??

Al

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe ideally it was to help maintain combat grip which places the light between you first, and middle finger, and the hand wrapped around the trigger gaurd. I don't like this configuration, and infact would rather hold it in my hand with the back side pointing away from me, and the weapon resting on the wrist. This porvides better control, and grip.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al,

No, I meant, is there a "correct" grip when NOT using a handgun. I don't own a handgun. I personally have found a couple different favorite grips with this light, so I'm not perplexed or anything, you just got me curious when you talked about a "correct" grip.

Size15's

Flashaholic
When not using the SureFire M2/C2 with a handgun, the correct grip is the one that works best for you! For me, I uses grips including the "CombatGrip" tending on what at and why I am shining the light. The CombatGrip allows you to grip the flashlight between you two fingers like a cigar - operating the switch by squeezing the push button against your thumb muscle of your hand. You can have the pocketclip either inwards or outwards in this grip. It is difficult to grip the M2/C2 when holding it the other way...

Al

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to hold it like Bravo with the light in an "Icepick" type grip, where the bezel is pointed toward the back edge of the hand and the thumb is on the switch, most of the time because it's comfortable and controllable. I use the the gripring in a "syringe hold when I need to the light in close to something like to see into crevices or under furniture/appliances etc. I really like the way the gripring offers retention in either hold as it slips between fingers and helps "register" itself.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am used to gripping the M2 just by wrapping my fingers around and using my thumb for the momentary on/off. Lately I got the hang of holding it like I would a syringe. Both ways are comfortable and there really is no right and wrong. If I am not using the momentary on/off switch on the LOTC, I prefer to hold the flashlight with my fingers around but this time with my thumb facing the bezel instead of the on/off switch.

Andy Ho

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hold it in the same manner as tsg, with my middle and ring finger on resting on the flat portions, my index finger behind the grip ring and my pinky resting on the hexed portion of the bezel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif