Recommended headlamp

D3ADLY

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have suggestions for some sweet headlamps? I'm looking for something that would be reliable I could throw in my bug out bag and use for camping...etc.

I'm looking for these specs that are important to me:

- Completely rechargeable
- Different brightness modes
- Long/decent life on a single charge.

A few things to note, that I've considered, or would be a bonus but definitely not a deal breaker:

- USB rechargeable
- Haven't decided specifically on battery type. I've considered these since I have some; AAA, AA, Rcr123, 18650. If you have suggestions on something else please let me know?
- Waterproof
- Possibly detachable to clip to a pocket?

The last bit of course aren't deal breakers for me. If you know of something cool that don't meet the criteria please still let me know. I would prefer something I could charge using a solar charger in the woods.

Any ideas?

teacher

Newly Enlightened
I have several different brands & models and most of them are pretty good and do a good job. BUT, the Nitecore HC50 is by far & away my favorite. It uses 1 - 18650 and has 4 brightness levels that cover anything I need it for. The UI is simple and straight forward.
Check it out..... http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/hc50

D6859

Enlightened
I've got Armytek Wizard Pro and Tiara A1 Pro. They are 18650/2xRCR123 and 14500/AA powered respectively.

I really like Tiara and use it with 14500 in it, giving it great output and runtimes. For backup I've got one AA sized NiMH battery and lithium primary battery for the cold weather. Wizard is like its big brother: longer runtimes and brighter turbo. They're both really reliable and waterproof headlamps.

I got mine from a really good offer: both new and less than 100 € together IIRC.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Nitecore HC50 (18650), and the SPARK SD52NW (2-AA). These are both awesome headlamps with nice UI's and long run times. Very durable.

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
Definitely consider a Zebralight as Stefano mentioned. I have two 18650 versions and they are amazing. For outdoor camping I would consider the H600fw as a great all around neutral white headlamp.