New Guy, New Light

dsm600rr

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

A little background. I am a Telecom Tech and purchase most of my tools (Klein) through home depot. I purchased one of their better lights on a whim (to replace my $5 light that took a crap).

The light was a Coast HP7. This light blew me away, not knowing a damn thing about lights. I am the type where if I am interested in something, I want better and better (the geek in me).

Having this light got me google searching to see what else is out there. I remember laughing about a forum dedicated to flash lights, and here i am :wave:

Anyway, I decided to purchase a new light that is not stuck away from me at work. Here she is. I have a feeling this will not be my last.

Last edited:

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a MH20. Congratulations on your purchase. Hopefully, the first of many.

......................................:welcome:

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome.
Nice light.

Please tell me the cell inside does not say something like xxxxfire?

That is basically short for, SoonFire.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stay away from Surefire because that sounds even worse.:grin2:

Taz80

Enlightened
Just to spend some more of your money, have a look at some Hi CRI or neutral lights/headlamps. It helps reading colors and preventing eye strain.

Prepped

Enlightened
You're past the point of no return now, my friend. Better open up a new line of credit :laughing:

akhyar

Enlightened
I'm sure there'll be more to come :p
Like someone mentioned before, hope you feed you new light with good quality cell

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to spend some more of your money, have a look at some Hi CRI or neutral lights/headlamps. It helps reading colors and preventing eye strain.

Welcome! :welcome:

We have heard from many who have to sort through the colored wires used in wiring cabinets and server rooms that neutral-tint, high-CRI flashlights are a real help. The cool-white emitters found in flashlights like the Nitecore MH-20 are actually a little blueish. Colors look dull and desaturated under those LEDs.

This post (together with the one after it) explains a bit more, using comparison photos and spectral charts that compare neutral and cool white.

dsm600rr

Newly Enlightened
Welcome! :welcome:

We have heard from many who have to sort through the colored wires used in wiring cabinets and server rooms that neutral-tint, high-CRI flashlights are a real help. The cool-white emitters found in flashlights like the Nitecore MH-20 are actually a little blueish. Colors look dull and desaturated under those LEDs.

This post (together with the one after it) explains a bit more, using comparison photos and spectral charts that compare neutral and cool white.

I use my Coast at work, its just fine, however I am seeing a new reason to purchase more lights here :)

The Nitecore is my home, camping, power outage light. Quite impressed with this little guy :)