Answering questions for malkoff light

Lantern32

Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I've posted many threads with questions about lights. I've decided to make a more helpful post to others.

I just recently received my Malkoff 450 lumen head with the 1 CR123A body.

I'm using one AW IMR123 battery.

If you have questions about throw estimates, build quality, comparisons- I could compare it to TM26 or M2Xvn or innova, etc.

Post your questions here! This is meant to answer any questions. I can also tell you my opinion comparing it to a HPC rotary light because I had one of those. I've also had a couple of sure fire lights too.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Please compare throw to Surefire EB1 if you have one.

I use to have the EB1 about a year and a half ago. I can certainly compare! I won't be able to give you beam shots as I don't have the light anymore, is that okay?

Lantern32

Enlightened
Please compare throw to Surefire EB1 if you have one.

The Malkoff is a bit brighter (450 lumens) and seems to throw a little farther. The EB1 has extremely impressive throw though. The Malkoff head uses a special McGizmo reflector. I actually really like the shape of the beam. The beam is very floody, but has a really got hot-spot. I believe that this is one of the most versatile beams that I have had. On the other hand, the HPS user interface is way better. The nice thing about the EB1 is that is uses primaries. I need to use rechargeable batteries for my Malkoff, and I would rather just purchase a box of 12 sure fire primaries and be done with it for a while.

EDIT: The anodizing on the Malkoff seems on par, and maybe slightly better than the surefire. The Malkoff defiantly feels more solid. Of course, the surefire is beyond the solidness you would need for EDC, but it's nice to know. I don't remember if the EB1 is fully potted because I had it a while ago, but the fully potted head seems to be a big plus on this Malkoff.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I am familiar with the MDC rechargeable XP-G2 head which had a gorgeous beam but I don't think it could throw with the EB1. Tint wise the Malkoff has it beat by far but I love the tac interface of the LX2 so I'm sure I would like it on the Backup. I want a pocket thrower. I already have a lot of floody lights. I basically need to compare the Malkoff E1T to the Surefire E1B. I also prefer primaries. That is why I sold my Malkoff rechargeable. I don't think anybody has done night time beam shots of the E1T vs other popular lights like your reflector version.

Thank you very much for your input!

Lantern32

Enlightened
I am familiar with the MDC rechargeable XP-G2 head which had a gorgeous beam but I don't think it could throw with the EB1. Tint wise the Malkoff has it beat by far but I love the tac interface of the LX2 so I'm sure I would like it on the Backup. I want a pocket thrower. I already have a lot of floody lights. I basically need to compare the Malkoff E1T to the Surefire E1B. I also prefer primaries. That is why I sold my Malkoff rechargeable. I don't think anybody has done night time beam shots of the E1T vs other popular lights like your reflector version.

Thank you very much for your input!

If you want a tough pocket thrower, you probably would want this head:

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/malko...alkoff-mdx22.3-m61hot-throw-head?cPath=27_32&

It's really throwy! Be aware that the lens is plastic! I was extremely disappointed to learn that the lens on my Malkoff is plastic, but people swear by their toughness.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't mind plastic but I do not want a big flashlight like an md2. I want an e series head. Thanks for the suggestion though. I got all excited until I read it was only for MD2.

Lantern32

Enlightened
I am interested in this as I have just ordered a M2Xvn,with XML2 U4. Finding the comparison of a 1x123 against a 1x18650 a little difficult to understand.

LOL I understand your point. It's a ridiculous comparison, but there have been some pretty crazy comparisons! My M2Xvn has the XPG2 LED and it isn't much brighter than my Malkoff