Good Deal on These 18650"

MtnDon

Newly Enlightened
Do these 18650 cells appear to be the real deal?

They state they are Panasonic.

Any buy codes for a discount? Or any other suggestion for good 3400 mAh 18650's?

Thanks

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I got those from them last year and they seem every bit as good as the ones I have purchased from other web sites. Since I have never purchased directly from Panasonic I have no way to confirm they are "genuine". But one thing that has been consistent with my various N18650B cells is the lot numbers and production codes all are sequenced the same. Which seems to indicate that whoever is labeling these cells is doing the job very meticulously. BTW if you look at the ad on banggood that is selling the same cells but only in a group of 2 you can see that you will save money. Your link of 4 cells for $39 or 2 orders for 2 cells for $32.

MtnDon

Newly Enlightened
But then I can get these and support an American seller. And get them sooner and be more assured of what I get.

So maybe never mind on the original question. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
But then I can get these and support an American seller. And get them sooner and be more assured of what I get.

So maybe never mind on the original question. Sorry about that.

Richard at M.E. is a pretty straight shooter. I've done a few deals with him for cells, chargers and lights and he's treated me nice, even when I had a couple of problems (DQG Tiny Triple going up in smoke and my new Xtar VP2 getting recalled.)

The NCR-GAs are not the same cells as the NCR-Bs, even though they seem close to you, in capacity. They are different chemistries, with the NCR-GAs being a hybrid cell with a 10A continuous rating.

The NCR-B 3400mAh cells are a bit dated and for a couple of bucks more, I'd opt for the NCR-GAs, as they're just newer technology, not that the NCR-Bs are chicken liver.

Chris

akhyar

Enlightened
At $40 for 4x NCR-B, with delivery from China, I'd rather get the newer NCR-GAs from the second website.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, that is what I decided to do.

Good choice. You're getting newer technology and you're getting them from a 'local' seller who gets good marks.

Whether the are a snug fit, with the protection circuits and your lights, I can't say, but most light makers are giving us a little more wiggle room, so they should be fine.

Chris

alternety

Newly Enlightened
Keep you eye out for pricing. Sometimes the price is good enough that an oldie but goodie is a reasonable buy. A month or so ago I got some protected Panasonic 18650Bs for 4/$25. I thought that was a pretty good price and did them instead of trying for 4.35V charging cells. Got them from China in 2 weeks, free shipping. It seemed close enough for government work. They are going into a 3 pack TK75, which is my emergency light. If I am a bit judicious in the use of the light, that can be a whole lot of hours of light. Certainly enough for a night or three. I rather wished I had bought more. I just ordered 20 $3.00 single cell lights to sprinkle around the house.

Probably the next time I buy batteries for that TK75, it will be an 18650 format Mr Fusion.

Last edited: