• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD - Custom Aleph and McGizmo Light Engines

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
All sold. Thanks CPF!

For sale are some custom light engines for use in Aleph and McGizmo lights that use the screw in light engines.

These 3-level Aleph light engines are built with a custom designed circuit board using four AMC7135 IC's at 380mA each. The aluminum can was custom machined for the direct thermal path (DTP) copper MCPCB, and dissipates heat quickly into the head of the light. These are ideal for use with a single 3.7V Li-Ion cell (2.8 - 5.5V). Each light engine is fitted with a brass battery contact for long wear.

CREE Light Engines (front row, left to right)
1. CREE XP-L 4000K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
2. CREE XP-L 4000K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
3. CREE XP-L 4000K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
4. CREE XP-L HI 5000K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD

Nichia Light Engines (back row, left to right)
5. Nichia 219B 4500K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
6. Nichia 219B 4500K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
7. Nichia 219B 4500K on DTP copper MCPCB, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD

The first "I'll take it" posted here with the item number of the available part takes preference over other forms of communication. All prices include shipping within the United States. There is no extra fee for credit card PayPal. Insurance is not included, but is available upon request for an additional fee based on insured value. Overseas shipping will be at actual cost, and declaration of actual value will be posted on Customs forms.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened
Custom Aleph and McGizmo Light Engines

DatiLED anymore 5000k's available anytime soon? Was just pointed in your direction, yesterday, for a Alph compatible LE [emoji6]

BTW backup to #4 if it falls through.

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Aleph and McGizmo Light Engines

I have some 5000K XP-L LEDs on order, and will install them in a few light engines this coming week (pending my day job workload). The LED order ships on Monday.

bartko09

Enlightened

I have some 5000K XP-L LEDs on order, and will install them in a few light engines this coming week (pending my day job workload). The LED order ships on Monday.

Excellent! Was wanting to get a Mule from the Shoppe just kind of...Because, and was asking around for a really cool LE. Looks like I found one..eventually. :)

Count me in for a XPL HI 5000k whenever you have time. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic

Derek, I'll take 3) if you're prepared to shim the emitter an extra 1mm.

Please see my PM.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dumb question, but I haven't taken apart my Haiku, will these fit?

If they will work in my Haiku, I would like one of the Nichia's, actually I would do either, even one of the 5K's would be nice.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Derek, I'll take 3) if you're prepared to shim the emitter an extra 1mm.

Please see my PM.
I responded to your PM in detail, but will explain the difference here for the benefit of others. I can't raise the LED on this new version of light engine, as it uses the direct thermal path MCPCB. It is slightly higher than the previous version, but not a full 1mm. The method that we used previously, used an 8mm MCPCB sitting upward into the reflector by 1mm. The work-around is to remove 1mm from the back of your reflectors to be compatible with modern LEDs. I have successfully done this with a lot of the Luxeon McGizmo PDs, HD45s, etc. It sets the LED die height the same as the original Luxeon, in the focal point of the reflector.

Dumb question, but I haven't taken apart my Haiku, will these fit?

If they will work in my Haiku, I would like one of the Nichia's.
Thanks for the help.
These are a direct fit in the Haiku. Simply remove one light engine, and screw in the other. Make sure that you are using a 3.7V RCR cell for full power.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. I just wanted to be sure. I will take a Nichia. Thank you.

bartko09

Enlightened

I responded to your PM in detail, but will explain the difference here for the benefit of others. I can't raise the LED on this new version of light engine, as it uses the direct thermal path MCPCB. It is slightly higher than the previous version, but not a full 1mm. The method that we used previously, used an 8mm MCPCB sitting upward into the reflector by 1mm. The work-around is to remove 1mm from the back of your reflectors to be compatible with modern LEDs. I have successfully done this with a lot of the Luxeon McGizmo PDs, HD45s, etc. It sets the LED die height the same as the original Luxeon, in the focal point of the reflector.

These are a direct fit in the Haiku. Simply remove one light engine, and screw in the other. Make sure that you are using a 3.7V RCR cell for full power.

Derek - Silly rookie question. What's the benefit of direct thermal path? Doesn't it dramatically increase lumen or something to that effect?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Derek - Silly rookie question. What's the benefit of direct thermal path? Doesn't it dramatically increase lumen or something to that effect?

The direct thermal path (DTP) wicks the heat from the LED dramatically faster than the standard MCPCB with the thin substrate separating the LED from the metal base (typically aluminum). The DTP copper MCPCB quickly spreads the heat into itself, and the surrounding metal. In the case of my light engines, an aluminum or copper can. This then enables the heat to be transferred into the head and body of the light. Excess heat will cause a decrease in brightness of the LED. Over time, excess heat will kill an LED.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

How well do the XPL HI LE's work in Haiku's? There is no dome on them (I think). Just wondering what the focus is like.

eala

bartko09

Enlightened

The direct thermal path (DTP) wicks the heat from the LED dramatically faster than the standard MCPCB with the thin substrate separating the LED from the metal base (typically aluminum). The DTP copper MCPCB quickly spreads the heat into itself, and the surrounding metal. In the case of my light engines, an aluminum or copper can. This then enables the heat to be transferred into the head and body of the light. Excess heat will cause a decrease in brightness of the LED. Over time, excess heat will kill an LED.

Thank you sir. So just to make sure that I understand, building DTP into the process is a long term performance benefit. Both aiding the brightness while extending the life of the LED?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

How well do the XPL HI LE's work in Haiku's? There is no dome on them (I think). Just wondering what the focus is like.

eala
With a beam angle of 115 degrees, it is the same as the XP-G2. It should perform fine. In my experience, it makes a slight ring in the beam. However, I have not tested the XP-L HI in a Haiku.

Thank you sir. So just to make sure that I understand, building DTP into the process is a long term performance benefit. Both aiding the brightness while extending the life of the LED?
At 1.52A, it is likely overkill. However, anything that can keep the LED cooler will result in sustained brightness, and longer LED life.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Derek, I'll still take 3) as it comes then, provided you are happy with the terms according to the PM that I just sent you. Thanks, Daniel

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: Please let me know the total shipped to germany and I´ll send you the funds via paypal shortly.

Thanks
Eric
PM sent. Thank you.

Derek, I'll still take 3) as it comes then, provided you are happy with the terms according to the PM that I just sent you. Thanks, Daniel
No problem. PM replied. Thank you.