• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S1 Baton overview

Olightworld

Enlightened
The S1 Baton is the smallest side switch LED flashlight ever produced by Olight. The S1 features a Cree XM-L2 LED that reaches a maximum beam distance of 110 meters and has a maximum output of 500 lumens. The S1 is powered by 1 x CR123A to maintain the compact form factor while still providing optimal performance. The light has a low profile side switch that is designed to prevent accidental operation when in a pocket or a bag. The light also features a pocket clip, hole for a lanyard, and Olight's signature magnetic tail cap for convenient operation. The S1 is so small that you will only notice the light in your pocket when you need it.

You can purchase these lights at www.olightworld.com or one of our other trusted dealers listed on our website.

Features:

• Thumb sized form factor. diameter: 21mm length: 61mm
  • Stainless steel flashlight head and switch binder ring processed by PVD technology
  • Recessed silicon switch to prevent accidental operation
  • TIR lens to create a balanced beam
  • Positive polarity on the battery faces the tail of the flashlight for enhanced reliability and a more compact size
  • Built-in timer: 3 minutes or 10 minutes
  • Lanyard with perforating tool
  • Flat tail cap design contains a strong magnet providing the ability to place it upside down and use it as a hands-free work light
  • Removable pocket clip that is scratch resistant
  • Thermal management safety program with overheat protection by dropping high output by 50% within 1 minute of constant on. Turbo mode has a limit of 1.5 minutes.
  • The S1 features a wide range current circuit and can be powered by 1 x CR123A (built-in protected board)
  • Reverse polarity protection to prevent improper battery installation
Specifications:

• Cree XM-L2 LED. Maximum light output up to 500 lumens.
  • 3 standard modes: 8 lumens, 80 lumens and 500 lumens.
  • 2 special modes: 0.5 lumen moonlight mode and a 10Hz strobe mode.
  • 6061-T6 aluminum alloy body with anti-scratch Type-III hard anodizing
  • PMMA TIR lens with a 90% light transmittance rate
  • Low standby current below 10uA
  • Body material: 6061-T6 aluminum alloy structure, Type III hard anodizing
  • Stainless steel pocket clip, stainless steel flashlight bezel, stainless steel binder ring
  • Dimensions: Length: 61mm, Diameter: 21mm
  • Weight : 30g (excluding batteries)
  • Color (body + clip)black,(BEZEL+ side switch binder ring)blue
  • Operating voltage: 2.5 to 4.2V
  • Luminous Intensity: 3000 cd
  • Max beam distance: 110 meters
  • Waterproof: IPX8
Operation:

• Single click --- Turn ON / Turn OFF
  • Click and hold --- High brightness, select timer, or activate moon light mode
  • Quick double click --- Turbo brightness, or enter setting
  • Quick triple click --- strobe mode
Included Items:

• 1 × lanyard
  • User manual
Run times and outputs by battery type:
Battery Type
CR123
RCR123
High*:500-300 lumens
1.5+90 minutes
1.5+60 minutes
Medium: 80 lumens
6 hours
4 hours
Low: 8 lumens
40 hours
25 hours
Moon: 0.5 lumens
25 days
15 days
Strobe: 10HZ
3 hours
2 hours
* High: Max - 500 lumens(RCR123A 3.7V), Max - 500 lumens(CR123A 3.0V)

Operation Details:

Remove the flashlight and battery from the package. Make sure that the negative polarity side of the battery is facing the head of flashlight. install the battery and screw the tail cap on tightly.

Turn ON/OFF: single click the side switch. When you turn on the light, the output level will return to the last output mode (except strobe mode).

Changing brightness level: With the light on, press and hold the side switch. the output will cycle through low, medium, and high brightness levels. Release the side switch when the desired brightness level is achieved.

Moon light mode: when the light is off, click and hold the side switch for 1 second and the moon light mode will activate. If the light is turned off while on moon light mode, single clicking the side switch will automatically return the light to moon light mode.
How to activate the high brightness output when the light is off: quickly double click the side switch.

Strobe mode: triple-click the side switch to activate strobe mode. Click the side switch once to quit strobe mode.

Timer: The S1 contains two timer settings: long timer (10 minutes) and short timer (3 minutes). Double click the side switch to enter this setting. short timer blink for 3 minutes, long time blink for 10 minutes. Double click the side switch to change the timer to the opposite setting. After the setting is saved, the light will blink 3 times and then will enter the timer mode. The light will automatically shut off when the timer is over.

lHSzeym.jpg
mTONFEN.jpg
t5e8jXc.jpg
CeFrwRI.jpg

Last edited:

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the ti version- seems genuine enough from the photos- looks very well made. I'd definitely be in for one. Already have the standard version on the way.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I can not buy this light because it has no low voltage indicator. Dont know why all other Baton EDC lights have the indicator and this not not because this one has a low capacity cell with 700mah? You will definately need it here even more than on a S30. The light has a working voltage of 2.5V and thats way to low. So no voltage indicator and 2.5V minimum voltage is not good at all, it would mean the protection board of the cell will kick in and thats not good. I hope the indicator will come with the 2nd version and a TI sandblasted version since those are usable for every day, the polished ones are showing scratches and finger prints

Raysbeam

Enlightened
I can not buy this light because it has no low voltage indicator. Dont know why all other Baton EDC lights have the indicator and this not not because this one has a low capacity cell with 700mah? You will definately need it here even more than on a S30. The light has a working voltage of 2.5V and thats way to low. So no voltage indicator and 2.5V minimum voltage is not good at all, it would mean the protection board of the cell will kick in and thats not good. I hope the indicator will come with the 2nd version and a TI sandblasted version since those are usable for every day, the polished ones are showing scratches and finger prints
I second this comment.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Olight%20S1%20006_zpscm6yiuu2.jpg

I am now the owner of the S1.Here is a side by side comparison of the S10R and the S1.

This is a great powerful little light, but i agree with previous posters that the S1 has disadvantages. Here is the disadvantages and the solutions to solve these:

1.The S1 does not have a low voltage indicator, which is not good.For future versions, Olight must include a low voltage indicator.

2.The button is unlike the S10R,S15R and S20R not so recessed, so accidental activation has occured while carrying it. Change the button on the S1 to the same recessed button as the above mentioned lights.

3.I can see absolutely no use of the timer function. It is only irritating. Remove the timer function for future versions.

4. There is no lockout mode. Include a lockout mode in future versions.

I wold like to see a 18650 version of this light as well, but with the above mentioned improvements.:)

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.The S1 does not have a low voltage indicator, which is not good.For future versions, Olight must include a low voltage indicator.
Completely agree
2.The button is unlike the S10R,S15R and S20R not so recessed, so accidental activation has occured while carrying it. Change the button on the S1 to the same recessed button as the above mentioned lights.
I haven't used it, but from what I've seen this button is their best yet. Sticks out enough to find it in the dark, but must be depressed past the button ring to prevent accidental activation. I think this is a keeper.
3.I can see absolutely no use of the timer function. It is only irritating. Remove the timer function for future versions.
I think this is a great feature.
4.There is no lockout mode. Include a lockout mode in future versions.
I hate lockouts. They provide tons of fun when they are accidentally activated (while just trying to change modes) when you need light. I ddon't know how they implement lockout, but if it's included it needs to be something more than a few clicks to activate.
I wold like to see a 18650 version of this light as well
Absolutely agree!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I think this is a great feature. !

This is all a matter of personal preference, but what advantage do you find in a timer function?

I hate lockouts. They provide tons of fun when they are accidentally activated (while just trying to change modes) when you need light. I ddon't know how they implement lockout, but if it's included it needs to be something more than a few clicks to activate.

If the button on a light is properly designed, there is no need for a lockout mode. In the case of S10R,S15R and S20R Olight could have excluded the lockout since the button is so recessed. In the case of the S1,i still would like it to have a lockout mode or a more recessed button.

Absolutely agree!

Well,now there is a 18650 version of the S1, named the S2 http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?410866-NEW-Olight-S2-950-lumens :)

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is all a matter of personal preference, but what advantage do you find in a timer function?
The fact that I can turn it on and have it go off on its own. At night after I turn out all the lights in the house I turn on my SC52w on low (2lm), then after a few minutes when my eyes adjust I turn it down to moonlight until they are adjusted. About a quarter of the time when I wake up in the morning my light is still on moonlight.

If the button on a light is properly designed, there is no need for a lockout mode. In the case of S10R,S15R and S20R Olight could have excluded the lockout since the button is so recessed. In the case of the S1,i still would like it to have a lockout mode or a more recessed button.
I don't have an S1 so I don't have first hand experience, but the flush button seemed to be an issue for a lot of people (would be for me too). I did see reviews showing that it isn't recessed, but doesn't actuate until it's depressed passed the button ring. If it truly works that way, I think it would be perfect. Protruding so it's easy to find, but not easy to accidentally actuate.

Its actually a little disappointing. Not sure why it can't shave off as much length as the S1 did over the S10.

Last edited:

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
Just got one of these in a DVOR Alpha Box. What can I expect from a longevity/durability standpoint? Also how water resistant is this light?

Olightworld

Enlightened
These have been out for over a year and we have gotten only a few in for repair. I would say they are pretty solid :)

Just got one of these in a DVOR Alpha Box. What can I expect from a longevity/durability standpoint? Also how water resistant is this light?