EagleTac MX30L3 XH-P50

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could ask Goinggear as they have a thread for this light. Marshall, Goinggear's owner, does a lot of flashlight video reviews so he would be good to ask. It is in the dealer section. Hopefully someone will chime in and let you know.

naked2

Enlightened
Thanks! I found GG's thread using the search at the top of the page; though I tried the same search yesterday, it didn't pick it up; go figure.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It still doesn't hurt to have a thread dedicated to this light. Good luck on finding your answer.

naked2

Enlightened
Not that I don't trust manufacturer's product pages/specs/descriptions/ads/etc. (I had already read that), but I need verification from an actual owner; preferably one who is a member here, and paid for the flashlight.

Chaitanya

Banned
You can check this video posted on youtube:

Although somehow eagletac has taken a step forward by getting rid of that stupid head twist UI but taken two steps back by not providing mode memory.

naked2

Enlightened
Thanks anyways, but I don't speak the language, and he doesn't show beamshots. As far as UI, I'm not sure about memory, but I believe from off, you can access any mode you want, including instant min or max.

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks anyways, but I don't speak the language, and he doesn't show beamshots. As far as UI, I'm not sure about memory, but I believe from off, you can access any mode you want, including instant min or max.

Yes, from the ET website: if you want to turn on the flashlight at the 3rd level, just press and release the white button switch three times from off

That's about as good as memory for me. In fact, it's even better since you have quick access to any mode.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know what you think please, I am slightly interested in this light as well. I have an xhp50 p60 drop in that I love. It has a slight donut hole on a white wall but past 15ft you can't see it, even on a white wall. Its just a wall of light that is awesome.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Larger reflectors will help alot on tuning the beam.

I'm sure ET has it handled on the MX30L3
:naughty:

naked2

Enlightened
Unboxing soon! I can hardly wait to see for myself just how deep the reflector is, not to mention the beam quality! Extra shipping day though; bummer. :sigh:

If I hadn't been on the fence for so long, I'd have it already to take to a beach party/bonfire tomorrow at Huntington Beach; oh well. Instead, I'll have to take its soon-to-be little brother, my G25C2 XM-L U2; or maybe my D40A XM-L2; or my TM06 XM-L2; or my... you get the point- it's like drug addiction. One is too many, and a thousand is never enough! Of course I always have my V11 17500 XP-L V3 clipped inside my pocket!

Anyone else taking their flashlights somewhere fun this weekend? Maybe I'll even dust-off my Tiablo A10 XR-E R2. Who am I kidding, I'll probably bring them all! :grin2:

Chaitanya

Banned
thats too much to remember when working in field with some dangerous animal. Also how hard is it for engineers at eagletac to implement a mode memory? is it too much to expect from a manufacturer like Eagletac that when I turn on the light using power switch I expect it to come back up in the mode I used last? Eagletac is really acting dumb in this regard, and thats a good thing for my wallet.

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
Anyone own this light? Does it suffer from donutholeitis?

02eagtacmx30l3creexh-vhufw.jpg

naked2

Enlightened
With this new UI, all I need to know is: white button= minimum, black button= maximum; very simple! Any mode other than those, I'll adjust to after the light is turned on.

I rarely need "the mode I used last"; hell, sometimes I can't even remember what mode I used last! Most likely though, it was min or max! :)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats too much to remember when working in field with some dangerous animal. Also how hard is it for engineers at eagletac to implement a mode memory? is it too much to expect from a manufacturer like Eagletac that when I turn on the light using power switch I expect it to come back up in the mode I used last? Eagletac is really acting dumb in this regard, and thats a good thing for my wallet.

While I understand your thoughts there are plenty of other lights that will do exactly what you want. In my opinion Eagletac is being creative and innovative by offering a ui no other manufacture has. They could have just as easily made another round tube that holds batteries, has a switch and an led and makes light but instead they offer something different that stands out from the crowd. This light probably isn't the best choice for a high stress situation but for general use its not bad at all. Would it even work in a search and rescue role? I believe so as it could be used for doing the searching and then when it was time to perform the rescue switch to a smaller simpler light.

naked2

Enlightened
Awsome beamshot, Andreas! Did you take the picture?

P.S. Wherever that trail is, I'd like to hike it!

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
That beam shot really really tempts me. I was planing to have a convoy c8 built with a xhp50 but this is tempting. If only it didn't cost 100 bucks more than I can get the c8 built for

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
With this new UI, all I need to know is: white button= minimum, black button= maximum; very simple! Any mode other than those, I'll adjust to after the light is turned on.

I rarely need "the mode I used last"; hell, sometimes I can't even remember what mode I used last! Most likely though, it was min or max! :)

I agree, I like being able to go to either minimum or maximum from start up. The modes in between are not that important to me, especially at start up.