The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Just got my first Surefire.... good purchace?

Default Just got my first Surefire.... good purchace?

So, long story short, found a Surefire M3LT-S sitting in the back corner of a pawn shop. They were asking 210, but since you could see it had been there a while, I talked em down to 150.

http://imgur.com/d89Qol2
    http://imgur.com/JaU9vZE

All in all, it feels good, though the tailcap is wrong. It looks like a G2x cap; ironically this has led to my first good experience with SF customer support. A quick call. And I have a new cap coming, no questions asked.

Now, I hate asking, but was it a decent deal (especially given its age)? I know these things aren't cheap new, but used is always a whole different ball game.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Just got my first Surefire.... good purchace?

Going rate for a M3LT-S is $175-225 depending on condition. For a 800 lumen light they throw well, but that's due to the TIR lens.

IMO, the only negative is the use of the CR123 battery. For a light that you leave sitting around with batteries inside, they are good lights, ready to use when call for.

well, could be worse then. Aside from a slight nick (and of course the wrong tailcap, which is being fixed), the thing looks brand new.

I guess while i am waiting for the new tail, ill have to decide what to do with it. I am trying to find 17500 batteries, but all i see are the UltraFire crap, and i would rather not use that. I have some CR123 laying around (all my other lights but one are 123 or 18650), but would prefer recharges i could.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

No, you did ok, that is a cool light. And you have to love the no questions asked customer service. Keep some spare batteries around and in your vehicle. Another member told me about Storeacell battery holders, and they are great and not expensive from B & H Photo, NYC.

A pawn shop you say?
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat View Post

I guess while i am waiting for the new tail, ill have to decide what to do with it. I am trying to find 17500 batteries, but all i see are the UltraFire crap, and i would rather not use that. I have some CR123 laying around (all my other lights but one are 123 or 18650), but would prefer recharges i could.
    I have bought 17500 batteries from AW here on CPF in the past. I used them back in the day for my incan Streamlight TL3.
    Last edited by Stream; 09-04-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
    I am trying to find 17500 batteries, but all i see are the UltraFire crap, and i would rather not use that. I have some CR123 laying around (all my other lights but one are 123 or 18650), but would prefer recharges i could.
    Check some of the vape suppliers, they usually have a good selection of diverse lithium ions. I've purchased AWs from RTD a few times and it looks like they have 17500s in stock. (I'm not a shill and not associated with them).

I have used AW 17500s in my Surefire UB3T and also my Surefire M3T with KX9 500 lumen head with great results.
    Last edited by JohnSmith; 09-05-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Spelling