Zebralight SC62 and SC62W

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking through the similiarly titled thread and it has a ton of posts but i cant seem to find my answer even after searching. I am planning on getting one of these but i dont know which one. i see the SC62 is cool white and rated at 1000 lumens, and the SC62w is neutral white and rated at 930. i like brighter lights but i have been getting the impression the "W" version is more liked. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks for your help

Stream

Enlightened
I have been looking through the similiarly titled thread and it has a ton of posts but i cant seem to find my answer even after searching. I am planning on getting one of these but i dont know which one. i see the SC62 is cool white and rated at 1000 lumens, and the SC62w is neutral white and rated at 930. i like brighter lights but i have been getting the impression the "W" version is more liked. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks for your help

I have the neutral white 'W' version, I bought it because everyone else was raving about how much they loved their neutral whites. Most of my other lights are cool white, including my old SC600, so I thought I would go for the neutral white one this time. I am glad I did because I love the tint on my SC62w. You should definitely get it if you care about color rendition and better depth perception. If you are just looking for the most lumens, you should probably go for the cool white version. It is definitely going to appear brighter side by side with the 'W' version.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Google "zebralight sc600 cool vs neutral" and watch the first youtube video. I know it's a different model, but only a slight beam difference. The video is about 9 minutes but at the 4:25 mark it shows a nice comparison.

UnderPar

Enlightened
You will not regret getting the "w" version. Besides, the 70 lumens difference will not be noticeable by the naked eyes. I own the SC62w and SC600 MKII L2 but the former is used more than the later.... HTH

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
You will not regret getting the "w" version. Besides, the 70 lumens difference will not be noticeable by the naked eyes. I own the SC62w and SC600 MKII L2 but the former is used more than the later.... HTH

great thank you for that insight. i was leaning more towards the w version anyway.

uofaengr

Enlightened
You can't really notice the difference in 70 lumens. The cool white will trick your brain into thinking it's brighter regardless.

The SC62w on a fresh battery upon initial activation probably comes on in the first few seconds over 1k lumens and even after PID kicks in and drops the light to 750 or 800 lumens, you don't notice it. I've tried this with a tailstanding light in a dark room and it's almost imperceptible.

Stream

Enlightened
You can't really notice the difference in 70 lumens. The cool white will trick your brain into thinking it's brighter regardless.

I was gonna say the same, you beat me to it. The tint definitely makes a difference in how bright it looks, hence the SC62 will seem brighter next to the SC62w even though the actual lumen difference would have otherwise been imperceptible.

uofaengr

Enlightened
I was gonna say the same, you beat me to it. The tint definitely makes a difference in how bright it looks, hence the SC62 will seem brighter next to the SC62w even though the actual lumen difference would have otherwise been imperceptible.
I should've said on the high end, 70 lumens is near imperceptible. Obviously 1 lumen compared to 71 lumens or 30 lumens compared to 100 lumens is noticeable but just clearing that up.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Yea awesome. I ended up ordering the w version. From the videos I've watched and the information you've given me I think I will be happy regardless.