**What happened to the seconds?**

Status
Not open for further replies.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
They still sell them, they're just not always an "in stock" item. And when they are in stock, them don't seem to stay that way for long. You just have to keep checking back.

Peter

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Last week Arc had 6 seconds in stock and it didn't take much longer then that for them to sell.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar,
Why would you see less seconds with the release of the Arc4? The seconds have to do with cosmetic problems or off-color Luxeons. The Arc4 uses M and N low domes as before... With the more complex curcuits, there will be more scrap so it might be worth swapping parts around to get a first.
As always, time will tell.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I beleive that Arc has been doing this long enough now to get process straight and not have all those irregulars that we've been acustomed to. As always, I could be wrong, but I'm not banking on many 2nds to be had. I've ofter wondered why something like poor anodizing, scratches, etc have never been redone to sell as 1sts. I guess maybe the cost is too high for a redo.

nonbox

Banned
If the afforable LSH is going away, then there will only be $180 Arc4 & $250 Arc5. I think there will be a high demand for seconds. I wonder how much a Arc4 second would go for.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
. . . The Arc4 uses M and N low domes as before...

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter said many months ago that the wave of the future is in high domes. And, sure enough, all Arc4s will be high domes, according to the Arc FAQ.

Paul

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope that the LSH doesn't go away. I think it's still in demand and just as viable a product as it ever was. I think Peter should drop the price a bit and continue making them. I think plenty of people would own both of them. I have a 4+ on order too, but I have several LSs that won't be going anywhere in the near future.

I think the LSH also has potential to bring Arc some customers that they might not ever get otherwise. After all, $150 - $180 is alot of money for "joe consumer" (or anyone) to drop on a flashlight. If the LSH were available in the $75 price range I think it could open up a much broader market for Arc. Of course, once these people got a little taste of Arc quality, lots of them would probably upgrade to an Arc4. Arc could use the LSH as a "gateway" to the Arc4. The LSH could be Arc's SureFire G2 so to speak. And I think we all know what kind of trouble gets started when you buy a SureFire G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter

nonbox

Banned
Arc AAA is $28.95/$39.95 & Arc-AA is $34.95, then there is a big jump in price to $180 Arc4 & $250 Arc5.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
I've ofter wondered why something like poor anodizing, scratches, etc have never been redone to sell as 1sts.

[/ QUOTE ] Their name doesn't have "Fire" in it. *rimshot*

Status
Not open for further replies.