Twsit Cap EDC

scogab94

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a twist cap EDC flashlight. Currently I have a Maglite LED XL100 that I won at a tool show. It is a great light, very bright and not too heavy. My problem with it is, even with the recessed push button it still negligently goes on in my pocket even though its the only thing in the pocket.
I wear 5.11 Tactical pants everyday and they have a good flash light pocket on the front about 4 and half inches deep and 2-3 inches wide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do like surefire and Maglites. But I'm up for any good flashlights though. The more "tactical" the better

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
MH20.(Nitecore)
Fit that pocket perfect.
Killer edc light, bright, punchy, rechargeable, shape is similar to a smaller Surefire.
Need to buy a 18650 cell for it, also should eventually get a charger and extra cell for bank up run times.
You'll get many suggestions, that's just one to ponder.

Edit, good grief, I totally over looked twisty requirement, my bad, disregard, thought pocket, not was needed.

Last edited:

scogab94

Newly Enlightened
MH20.
Fit that pocket perfect.
Killer edc light, bright, punchy, rechargeable, shape is similar to a smaller Surefire.
Need to buy a 18650 cell for it, also should eventually get a charger and extra cell for bank up run times.
You'll get many suggestions, that's just one to ponder.

Ill check it out though. I just dont want a light that NDs so easy. if it has a strong clicker the it would be fine

Edit, good grief, I totally over looked twisty requirement, my bad, disregard, thought pocket, not was needed.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, no, it's not a great choice there honestly.
Big button, recessed, but a long hair half press turns it on in moon mode then each half press advances levels until you're on fire.
(Though, if you survive, it's rechargeable)

Edit.
If you're willing to entertain that idea of a light, also then look at a Olight S30RII.
All in one kitted light, battery included.
Short, powerful, side button,
but can be blocked some what by rotating pocket clip in alignment with it.

With Nitecore MH20, could lock out light by loosening tail cap a sixteenth of a turn. That does apply to most lights with anodized or coated tail threads too BTW.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Have you considered the Mag XL 200 with it's lockout feature. While hilding vertically you push on, then aim down to ground and release. Repeat to reactivate it.

My Coast HP1 has yet to turn on in my pocket. So maybe look for a light with a recessed on button.

Term ' can tail stand' indicates the on button is recessed. I see you mentioned yours is recessed. Sounds like Mag picked a soft switch for that model.
Don't know if the 100 has a proprietary switch, others can say yes or no.

But if not a fellow named "McGizmo" sell switches that are not soft. And they're not expensive.
Check out 'over ready's web site.

The only lights I know of that 'twist on' are mags and a Craftsman light that sucks.

Also check out the Malkoff Devices sight for the MDC series lights he makes. They're pricey, but if it falls out of a helicopter (while turned on) and you find it...it'll still be on.

Last edited: