Looking for copper foil / strips to wrap LED dropins (see pic)

Niconical

Enlightened
I have dropins wrapped in copper foil, or strips, not sure what you'd call it.

I got a load from a member (prooftech), but unfortunately he has since passed away.

Does anyone have any links to something similar?

Not tape (with adhesive), specifically just the copper strips.

If I want to cover my roof in the stuff, google gives me plenty of options, but D26 size...., not so much :(

copper%20strips.jpg

thslw8jg

Enlightened
Search for copper foil sheets on eBay. A 5 mil thickness should work, you will have to cut into strips to fit your drop-ins.

wolf_walker

Newly Enlightened
Hardware store in the garden section, they use it as a barrier to keeps slugs from getting on plants.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't the adhesive act as an insulator and hurt the heat transfer? (I'm sure this has been discussed before - but I can't remember the thoughts on this.)

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't the adhesive act as an insulator and hurt the heat transfer? (I'm sure this has been discussed before - but I can't remember the thoughts on this.)

I believe the adhesive is thin enough that it performs very poorly as an insulator, so it actually is a more than adequate heat (and in some cases also electrical) conducting interface.

wolf_walker

Newly Enlightened
The sticky back stuff has to transfer heat fairly well, I've done all mine with it and you can see the temp pop up where the dropin contacts the host with an IR thermometer very quickly unless it's super low output.