New to forum with a nitecore p16 problem

duane131

Newly Enlightened
I love my p16 but just ran into problem. P16 is stuck in strobe mode and can't change it. If I push mode button it shuts off and mode button flashes a few times and goes right back into strobe. I have changed batteries and have also left batteries out for a few days and no luck. I don't want to buy another one unless I have no choice. Any help would be appreciated TY

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does your supplier have to say on the matter?

It reads as if the light needs to go to the hospital.

Welcome to CPF.

.......:welcome:

duane131

Newly Enlightened
was looking around the internet first to see if I could come up with answer first. TY

swan

Banned
Take off battery cap , get a paper clip and bridge between battery neg and battery tube the un anodized part and report back.

swan

Banned
Oh and what exact cell are you using, button top or flat top brand etc- this will all help.

duane131

Newly Enlightened
When I used paper clip it just strobed. I use button top batteries. I have had I for a year and just started to strobe out of nowhere.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The paperclip bypass is a good test for power and connection issues with the tube, tailcap, or mechanical clickly. In the OPs case, power is reaching the head fine, but mode changing has failed. Unfortunately, this light uses an electronic side clicky for mode changing which are generally not user repairable (unless you know how to work with PCBs). Anyways, to do so would void your warranty - I think you're going to have send it in for warranty repair.

If so, please report back how your customer service experience went - NC has improved its warranty, I'd be interested if the CS has as well.

swan

Banned
Yes sounds like an actual mode switch problem -if u can take it apart try and reflow the switch or other wise contact nc.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Nitecore for an RMA number and send it in. I just recently sent my EA8w in for servicing too.

UnderPar

Enlightened
+1. Send an email to Nitecore customer service for them to know your issue. For sure you'll be given a RMA