Sitting at the hospital....

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys/gals I'm sitting at the hospital with my wife awaiting the birth of my first child. Not sure if she will be here tonight but oh well, here we are. I'm just bored and rambling really. New to the forum but I already feel like a part of the community here so figured I'd share some of this experience! I told my wife I have 6 sipiks and an olight that should be here tomorrow. : ) I cooked a pork loin for 10 hours today and her contractions got pretty regular haha. Like I said, just posting to keep myself occupied, thanks for the warm welcome I received here, nice forum!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something waterproof, shockproof, very versatile, moonlight mode is a must. Powerful enough to get the job done but not so powerful as to wash out the important details. :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be a party pooper, but you better go pay attention to your wife! Or she is gonna :whoopin::whoopin::whoopin::twak::twak:

We will be happy to play flashlights with you later!

I don't do Facebook, but my wife calls CPF my Facebook. I say yes, but with out all the childish drama and narcism of FB! And you can actually learn something! lol

Keep posted.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be a party pooper, but you better go pay attention to your wife! Or she is gonna :whoopin::whoopin::whoopin::twak::twak:

We will be happy to play flashlights with you later!

I don't do Facebook, but my wife calls CPF my Facebook. I say yes, but with out all the childish drama and narcism of FB! And you can actually learn something! lol

Keep posted.

Lol! She was resting in a hospital bed beside of me while I was posting. We are at home now and she is on bed rest. I dont do fb either, too much drama

markr6

Flashaholic
Congratulations! My first just turned 1 year old recently. So much fun! Not to turn it into a baby Q&A thread but here's my quick advice after all this being fresh in my mind:

1. Listen to the pediatrician. If you don't agree with something, a second opinion from grandma or grandpa is fine. But after dealing with thousands of babies, the doctor knows what he/she is doing.

2. Crying and won't go to sleep/back to sleep after waking up? Here's the few things we found out were the cause:
a. needs to burp
b. dirty diaper (poop or just really wet/leaking)
c. hot or cold
d. hungry (as they get older and might want a snack since they didn't eat enough for dinner)
e. bored (again, as they're older and may just need to cry it out)
f. snot-filled nose :sick2:

3. Try to minimize newborn clothes (may grow out of them in a week!) and STUFF. Bouncy chairs, pillows, blankets, random accessories, and all that junk you may never use! We probably blew an easy $300 on stuff we could have skipped

4. It's usually common sense, but take a few extra diapers, wipes and clothes wherever you go

5. If you're not a fan of moonlight mode, you will be soon! I recommend any kind of Zebralight for that.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some practical advice - volunteer to change diapers before they start eating meat. It don't stink until they start eating meat.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something waterproof, shockproof, very versatile, moonlight mode is a must. Powerful enough to get the job done but not so powerful as to wash out the important details. :)

HDS Hi CRI Rotary.

As they say: "Pay me now or pay me later"

In this instance pay me now lets you enjoy the quality & experience without regret from messing with lesser options for however many years.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
"5. If you're not a fan of moonlight mode, you will be soon! I recommend any kind of Zebralight for that."

Thats the best advice yet! lol

I like to use a HDS Hyper Red Rotary.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to look into the hds rotary. Pretty sure the wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money on a light. So far she has been understanding and is happy I've stepped away from knives and guns. Haha

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sell it this way... One high quality light costs the same as 3-7 lesser lights. So less clutter & less battery formats....

Enjoy the new kiddo bro!