ThruNite TN31

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
Due to the lower prices I've seen on the ThruNite TN31 I am thinking about purchasing one.I have read a lot of older reviews and watched a bunch of Utube videos.So far so good but I would like to hear from any owners that have owned the TN31 for awhile and have you had any problems and are you totally satisfied?I will be using Panasonic unprotected cells and looking at the carrier it looks like they will work ok.Any input would be greatly appreciated.I don't own what I consider a super thrower and the TN31 seems to fit my budget and needs.Thanks.

swan

Banned
I have seen this for $ 80/90 which is a bargain, for such a high quality light- average single 18650 lights cost more.
Although i don't have a tn 31 i do have have the tn 32 and it does like shorter cells, the panasonic ncr18650b 3400mah protected cells are a tight fit, unprotected are shorter and will fit nicely.
Many modding options are possible [ cree xpl hi ] but if you can get the 1350 lumen model it has outstanding performance and quality for such a price imo.
Even after owning the tn 32 for a while , its one of those lights that always leaves me with a childish grin.

TacticalFleshlight

Newly Enlightened
I love mine. I went with the neutral white tint, as I use it mostly in the bush for spotting predators around the clearing of our cabin up north.
The neutral white is great for picking out the brown/black of a bear against the bush background. I found cool blues and the like may appear brighter, but they wash out colours at the distances I'm using it at.
IMG_20150728_154512_zpsfncka8e1.jpg

I got mine on Amazon. Ca for 99 bucks. A few months ago

Chaitanya

Banned
It seems to be discontinued, it's no more listed on Thrunite website. Anyone knows if or when Thrunite will release the replacement for TN-31?

Chaitanya

Banned
I thought they might replace the TN31 with a light using Cree XP-L Hi LED. I really don't like the spacing on TN32 though, like Acebeam lights there is a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd level. I will snatch up a Tn31 from Amazon before it vanishes for good.

Last edited:

iso400

Newly Enlightened
Slightly offtopic, but will I get a great improvement if I dedoom my TN32?

chuckhov

Enlightened
I thought they might replace the TN31 with a light using Cree XP-L Hi LED. I really don't like the spacing on TN31 though, like Acebeam lights there is a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd level. I will snatch up a Tn31 from Amazon before it vanishes for good.

No - The TN32 is their Flagship thrower, so when they come with a XP-L HI it will have to go in there, or maybe in the *New TN33*:) - I made that up, but you see the TN 31 has been phased out of the lineup.

Hence the Killer Amazon price!

Thanks,
-Chuck
PS - Anyone else here think that Acebeam is the OEM for the big Thrunite's?

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
These are $70 right now on Amazon. I'm really deliberating picking one up.

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
I got a great deal on another light that better suits my needs. Someone who wants it/needs it more than I should buy it then.

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I received my TN31 and here is my super mini review.It's big and heavy with a good tint and super throw.This is my first Thrunite and so far it meets all of my expectations.I probably would not have bought it at it's original list price but I couldn't pass up the $69 price point.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i could have bought one for $69. I would definitely have one, but at least you are enjoying your new thrower.

My older 1st gen TN31 XM-L U2 still gets the wow factor from non flashaholics.