Zebralight SC32W battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloroxat

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first "real" flashlight in the mail a month ago.
Curious to know the answer to this question: Does this flashlight
battery (CR123a) dim with age, or does it give out all at once as
it would in a digital instrument? e.g. digital hearing aids are full on
until the battery reaches a certain point. At that time, they turn off
completely. Is my SC32w like that, or does it just dim down 'til it's
out? thanks in advance…….

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lithium primaries tend to hold high outputs pretty well through ~75% of their capacity and then drop off a bit of a cliff. But then they will last a long time on lower modes. Li-ion rechargeables will die more suddenly, particularly protect ICRs which will trip their low voltage protection circuits. I don't own this light, but it should step down as the battery fails to provide the necessary watts for a given output.

Don't trust your internal battery meter on CR123s primaries though - their discharge curves are very flat.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically as said above. What happens is it'll step down to a lower mode even on protected batteries, so long as the battery protection doesn't activate. Mine never did it would always stay regulated and then step down to a lower level and that's when you know to charge it. The same should apply for primaries as well.

cloroxat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you guys…..just what I needed to know….and BTW…for my first "real light", I love the strength….pretty addicting.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait till you try a light like the SC62 by Zebralight.. It's not big at all and puts out 900+ lumens with great runtimes.

roach1492

Newly Enlightened
I need some help on 18650 batteries too, just got my first zebralight sc62w.They say up to 69 mm long and 18.3mm wide, will a 18.24 wide fit?Thanks.

uofaengr

Enlightened
I need some help on 18650 batteries too, just got my first zebralight sc62w.They say up to 69 mm long and 18.3mm wide, will a 18.24 wide fit?Thanks.
You answered your own question, no? It could also be more useful to post this in one of the SC62 threads rather than in an unrelated thread.

UnderPar

Enlightened

OT. But just to answer this query. 18650 means 18 mm diameter and 650 mm in length. Since you mentioned that the SC62 can accommodate up to 69 mm and 18.3 mm in diameter, the 18.24 will definitely fit. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.