SF 6PX PRO PROBLEMS.

tango44

Enlightened
Got this several year ago, this is the first run (200/15 Lumens) great and robust light rides with me everyday, everywhere...

Problem:
Turn on light and always turn on in low mode, but is you shake or give a small hit in the body, the light will change to high mode and viceversa.
A simple shake and it will change mode, this is annoying and SF customer service is terrible.
Try to call them put me on hold for minutes until the call ends
Wrote them emails and they never reply.

Why does this happens?
Is there a way to contact SF and maybe they can repair this?
Thank you.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was common in the earlier models. A spring at the positive contact end will fix it, or maybe stretching the tailcap spring for more tension so the batteries don't move inside and cut current, changing modes in the process.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your tailcap spring has been compressed, and the battery is losing contact with the positive end (the circuit board). Try calling them back - I've never had a negative experience with their phone customer support - maybe you just got the new guy who didn't know how to work the phone correctly.

They'll take care of you.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I think your tailcap spring has been compressed, and the battery is losing contact with the positive end (the circuit board). Try calling them back - I've never had a negative experience with their phone customer support - maybe you just got the new guy who didn't know how to work the phone correctly.

They'll take care of you.

+1 Surefire generally has amazing customer service... even the Surefire haters admit that their customer service is excellent.