Xtar US USB plug

Raysbeam

Enlightened
Does anyone have experience with Xtar's 5v 1000mA US wall plug? Mine has a loud humming/buzzing/ screeching sound coming from it. It does say it's a switching adaptor. When I used my Xtar usb detector with this plug it was around 4.8-5v and around 1.24A. Should I be concerned with this buzzing?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
buzzing would make me nervous. I got the Xtar 2.1 amp wal wart USB it works well then again the 5 volt 2.4 amp iPhone 6 travel charger really does a better job of providing power for my VC4...

Raysbeam

Enlightened
buzzing would make me nervous. I got the Xtar 2.1 amp wal wart USB it works well then again the 5 volt 2.4 amp iPhone 6 travel charger really does a better job of providing power for my VC4...

Thanks for the info, Xtar has reached out to me to make this problem right. When I first contacted Xtar a certain employee told me to just use my iPhone adaptor then just ignored me. I found out this employee quit. Xtar then found out about my trouble with this employee and messaged me asking for my address details so they can ship me a new adaptor. I feel Xtar did everything in their power to make me a satisfied customer. Thank you Xtar!

Big_Sam

Newly Enlightened
I noticed you said you were pulling 1.24A from a 1A supply, might be worth stepping up to a 2.1A one instead, avoids overloading it.

Raysbeam

Enlightened
I noticed you said you were pulling 1.24A from a 1A supply, might be worth stepping up to a 2.1A one instead, avoids overloading it.

The 1.24A was when I tested my IPad 2.1A adaptor against my iPhone 1A adaptor which did .99A.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say Xtar has some amazing customer service and staff. A+ I couldn't ask for better service. Thank you Xtar.
I have found the same excellent Xtar customer service; I now buy direct from Xtar in the U.S. :thumbsup: