Angryfox        

Thread: anyone else getting: Customer Account activation emails from Malkoff Devices?

Default anyone else getting: Customer Account activation emails from Malkoff Devices?

2 received last night:

From Malkoff Devices

Dear ______ ________,
    An account has been created for you at the shop Malkoff Devices.
    Please visit this url to activate your account and set your password.
    http://malkoff-vices.myshopify.com/a...tivate/...snip
    If the account was created in error, you can visit the link above and select "Decline" to decline this invitation.

Default Re: anyone else getting: Customer Account activation emails from Malkoff Devices?

Yes, I received 2. The second one didn't let me activate the account and confused me. Luckily, I went to the first email sent and that worked fine.

Flashaholic

Default Re: anyone else getting: Customer Account activation emails from Malkoff Devices?

Got one today.Already have an account activated so deleted.
    Pete.

I figured it was a phishing scheme, so I deleted.

No way am I clicking on that link.

I believe Gene might be transitioning his site to Shopify point-of-sale software from whatever he was using before. He'd have to chime in and confirm that but a quick trip to the site reveals that he's done a substantial redesign and that all the content is now hosted on Shopify's servers. He likely loaded in his user account info into their software package to save people the hassle of recreating their accounts on the new platform.

Maybe he'll stop by to confirm.

One explanation is that the new provider requires recipients to confirm their willingness to receive emails. But the announcement doesn't do the best job of explaining that. Malkoff Vices also sounds like a new and interesting development
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Gene posted this in the Malkoff Junkies Thread today...
    Hello All,

You have to click the link and then create a password. We recently updated the website/shopping cart. The new cart requires this as the passwords couldn't be transferred. I accidentally sent the email to both acct holders and non acct holders. You don't have to accept the invite if you don't want to.

I also stopped the process about halfway through because of all the unanticipated confusion it was causing. If you didn't get an email, please contact us and I will send an invite with a clickable link. Also if you purchased from us in the past and don't mind reviewing a product, we would appreciate it. We lost some of the reviews in the transfer process. Especially the ones on flashlights and turnkey lights.

Thanks, Gene

Last edited by Gene43; Today at 05:30 AM.

Nuff said.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Gene posted this in the Malkoff Junkies Thread today...
    Hello All,...
    Thank's for clearing this up.

Thanks for the thread. I got the email too and was a bit worried he got hacked or something.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Flashaholic*

Had me confused at first.

Believe me, its been a mess getting everything set up correctly.

Gene