Prometheus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of Nitecore MH20

Default Re: Review of Nitecore MH20

Quote Originally Posted by Budda View Post
    I broke my MH20, but If I remember correctly, you have to do a short half press each time you turn the light off.
    I find side switches easy to find, especially if aligned with the clip.
    I guess, half press does switch modes You need a full press to turn on/off a MH20.

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Since side switches is notoriously difficult to find in the dark quickly, can the side button locator blink function be kept on all the time whenever I turn the light off or do I have to do something to make it work each time I'm about to turn the light off?
    Is it so hard to half press a light in off position?

Quote Originally Posted by Budda View Post
    I broke my MH20, but If I remember correctly, you have to do a short half press each time you turn the light off.
    I find side switches easy to find, especially if aligned with the clip.
    2xRCR123, right? I guess 8.4V is too much for the driver. It simply burns out the circuitry.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    2x16340 or 18350 should work. The manual does say it accepts 2x16340's so hmmmm....now I am eyeballing my 2 fresh red Efest 18350's. I tried regular CR123's and boy did the light get hot fast

Just stuck 2 freshly charged red 800mah Efest 18350's into it and so far it has not burst into flames etc. Will really have to wait for nightfall but output does seem up
    Some people like the world of unknown The light is rated 6V max.

the manual says 2x16340 is okay so 8.4v would seemingly be its max. Odd...Ive got two fresh 18350's in my standard MH20 right now and for some reason it yes cranks like hell but does not get scalding hot like it did on 2xCR123's. Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    I guess, half press does switch modes You need a full press to turn on/off a MH20.
    Half press after you turn the light off to turn on the locator

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Is it so hard to half press a light in off position?
    I would like to be a "memorized" setting.

Don't know why you should switch from 18650 to 2xRCR o 2x18350: you get less capacity and loose the charging feature.
    Last edited by Budda; 07-24-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Am I that stupid or Nitecore's web designer? Tried to ask a question:

I think it was E90, not 9o

Hate those captcha things

Just take a look at the manual on Nitecore website: RCR are compatible but not rechargeable

2x18350 in my XML2 MH20 has thus far worked great. A bump in output but not as much as one might hope for. Run time? About the same as a 1600mah 18650. One thing I noticed is that with the output bump the tint color actually seems to have gone whiter for some reason. Also cool yet kind of odd is that the 2xred Efest 800mah 18350's I put inside it just have yet to get hot. Kind of unnerves me. Tonights experiment 2x700mah Orbtronic 16340. Oh gotta note that I had been running an unprotected GA in the light which worked great.

Okay...I have NO idea why but 2x16340's do indeed work but the light gets hot FAST. For some reason the red Efest 18350's barely get warm. The 18350's do indeed give an odd out put boost on the top two settings and the tint is now white while the lower 3 have gone near NW. Very strange. This is the base XML2 MH20 I am working with...oh and its flat top Efests. Tried my button tops and the light will not screw shut all the way.
    Last edited by CelticCross74; 07-24-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Warning Warning Warning,

I loved my mh-20 from nitecore it worked so well for such a small torch. The rating has it waterproof to 2metres. The other day i could not find my flashlight and it accidentally went through the wash cycle. The head is half full of water and the light is garbage. I was quite shocked and now i am 1 light less.

That rating applies to the steady water. During the wash water pressure was much higher (accasionally but still).

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel140 View Post
    Warning Warning Warning,

I loved my mh-20 from nitecore it worked so well for such a small torch. The rating has it waterproof to 2metres. The other day i could not find my flashlight and it accidentally went through the wash cycle. The head is half full of water and the light is garbage. I was quite shocked and now i am 1 light less.
    You should be able to remove the front bezel and lens to get the majority of the water out. Then bury the head in some white rice for a day or two to draw the moisture out of the innards. Sealing the head in a plastic bag with a bunch of dehumidifier pouches would work as well. Then gently warm it in front of a heater or on a furnace vent for a couple of hours to make sure it is dry. Hopefully there won't be any soap or dirt left inside to possibly jump connections.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Old thread, I know. My MH20 in NW started acting weird in December. No reason I can fathom. Wouldnít switch off, etc.

Finally managed to ship it back to Nitecore last month, and they replaced the head for me. I told them Iím fine with CW if they didnít have NW in stock, as the NW XML-2 sucked.

It appears they sent me a CW version, of which the Cree rainbow is pretty evident when hunting white walls.

Iím not too fazed. Itís a decent light and for outdoor use the tint shift isnít an issue at all.

I dropped a fresh 3200mAh cell in it and will be taking it camping this weekend, see how it holds up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12