How do you EDC your no-clip HDS flashlight?

bkpdle

Newly Enlightened
Also wondering if you find that not having a clip on the light allows satisfaction in how you can grip or manipulate the light in any way?

scout24

Flashaholic
A holster from our own Hogo at Thors hammer custom leather is a great chioce... I personally love clips, and use them as anti-roll devices. No clip makes manipulating the Rotary control much easier in my opinion

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also wondering if you find that not having a clip on the light allows satisfaction in how you can grip or manipulate the light in any way?

Going clip-less definitely adds to the satisfaction! An HDS has fantastic ergonomics.
I carry in an HDS kydex holster or loose in my pocket.

GearHunter

Enlightened
I'm a big clip guy but I'm more apt to just keep my light in the bottom of my pocket if I can. When wearing jeans it gets clipped but shorts or slacks it's just in my pocket.
As far as the clip stopping form enjoying holding the light....I almost always hold cigar style and never notice the clip.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I horizontal carry in a Thor holster and I prefer my HDS Rotary clipless. I second Slumber Pass: HDS does indeed have great ergonomics.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the kydex holster from HDS years ago and have been carrying that on my belt. Love that holster very much! If I have a 2nd rotary on me it goes into the magazine pocket of my 5.11 tactical pants/shorts.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted these photos before, but this is how I carry my Rotary's;

Kydex Holster, going on somewhere around 4 years, or so. I have a back up Kydex holster as well.

I won't carry the Rotary with out that thing-a-ma-jig around the body. It's a 3/4" Neopreme Rubber Grommet, with an o-ring in it's outer groove.

The grommet and o-ring combo, gives it that extry grip while using the light.

Pops

PS fur those of you's thats wondering why my hand is dirty. Well, when I took the pitcher, it wasn't Saturday yet. .... :grin2:

Last edited:

bkpdle

Newly Enlightened
Gusy, does the HDS kydex holster require a belt? Or can you clip it onto a pair of pants that doesn't have belt loops?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gusy, does the HDS kydex holster require a belt? Or can you clip it onto a pair of pants that doesn't have belt loops?

Gusy? .... Oh, you mean, Pops. Well, he's kind of busy making my lunch. I'm Calvin. But if you bribe me with a Jumbone ....

I'll answer your question fur yah. ... :grin2:

Just kidding around. No, it has a fast clip which goes around the belt.

However, there are two belt width size clips. A dress belt (I use it with an approx. 1 3/8" leather belt); http://www.hdssystems.com/Products/HolsterKydexS/

and there is one for a wide duty belt; http://www.hdssystems.com/Products/HolsterKydexL/

If you're looking for a clip on style. Which clips over the pants / shorts, or over a belt. Check with Dan @ Thor's Hammer. I think he has a over the top style clip for his leather holsters, but check with him to confirm if he does; http://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/flashlight-holsters-pouches

4591600f.jpg

Calvin

Last edited:

rumack

Enlightened
When I carry mine it is in my pants pocket, but I baby mine so much I don't carry it that often. Stupid, I know.

I've never considered the kydex sheath because I thought it would scratch up the light. I might have to put a kydex sheath on my list.

12GaugeStu

Newly Enlightened
I currently carry with a lanyard in any front or back pocket on my jeans. Or I'll sometimes carry in my shirt pocket(when closed with a button). I would love to pick up a nice holster for EDC though. Something to protect the flashlight while it is in a bag or glovebox and easy attachment to my belt.

This http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016DXP4XU/?tag=cpf0b6-20 looks really nice, but may be a bit bulky. I'm used to a simple perfect size holster like my Maglite AA. My flashlight(EC20) is pretty much the only Nitecore that doesn't come with a holster from the factory. I could have gotten one with a bundle, but I went for a different bundle with a better battery and charger. It can be a pain to pocket carry with my cellphone and EDC knife. I like keeping one item to each pocket.