Olight S30RII will not charge Olight 3400 mAh battery

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an Olight 3400 mAh spare battery for my Olight S30RII and noticed it will not charge in the light itself (I am aware that the battery has to be with the positive end towards the tailcap). When I put the battery in the Olight Omni-dock it charges without any problems. The Olight S30RII came with a 3600 mAh battery. Anybody any suggestions? Your help and info is appreciated!

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought an Olight 3400 mAh spare battery for my Olight S30RII and noticed it will not charge in the light itself (I am aware that the battery has to be with the positive end towards the tailcap). When I put the battery in the Olight Omni-dock it charges without any problems. The Olight S30RII came with a 3600 mAh battery. Anybody any suggestions? Your help and info is appreciated!

You can charge only custom protected Olight 18650 (3200 or 3600mAh) cells in the S30R II. These cells were specially designed for the light, and have both positive and negative contact on the traditionally positive end and the opposite side is negative only. You can use any other quality-good 18650 cells in the light, but can't charge them in the light. Please refer to the related review here .

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your quick reply! I missed your fabulous review on this light. When I have more time I will read the review in detail.
I thought since I am not able to get the 3600 mAh battery here I get the 3400 mAh. I only use Olight protected cells in my Olight flashlights.
:twothumbs