Tain Ottavino 1xAAA

Texag0842

Newly Enlightened
Good Morning CPF,

Just getting into EDC and looking for a keychain 1xAAA

Originally I was planning to pick up a Surefire Titan Plus however after searching the forums it seems the Tain Ottavino would be a better choice.

Can anyone recommend besides a WTB here where the best place to purchase one would be?

Also as back up recommendations what's everyone's favorite 1xAAA flash light?

Thank you!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to be the first response. I really like AAA lights. New emitters provide good out put with reasonable runtime. The Tain Ottavino is wonderful and is in my pocket every single day because of the beautiful machining, nice tint and floody beam profile. But there are many other wonderful AAA lights. The Maratac AAA, SF Tian, Fenix, Thrunight, Olight, Oveready Peak, eagletac etc., they all have their pluses and minuses. I recently picked up a 4sevens Revo neutral on CPF. So many options. Find one that meets your needs and pull the trigger! Hard to go wrong and, once you know what you really want/need you can add more. AAA lights are great by the door, in the car and in your bag. Hard to go wrong IMHO.

Texag0842

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and ordered a SF Titan-A 125 / 15 earlier today just to hold me over.

It sounds like getting a Tian Ottavino will take a little while so I didn't want to be without a light.

Hard for me to EDC something much large as I wear a suit everyday and I'm already carrying a Frikky folder on the keys and a Chris Reeve carbon so pocket space is limited.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one, although it may be the earlier Piccolo, that may be considered extra that I could part with.

I would have to do some investigating to determine which one it is.

If you are interested PM me if you have PM privileges. Otherwise email me at my cpf name @gmail.com