Arc4 at Toolshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Just had a look at Toolshop and they already list the Arc4! €195 for the premium, €165 for the standard
incl. shipping within the EU and Switzerland.

The bad news: it won't be available till late February.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Considering customs and taxes this sounds better than I had initially feared with that new Arc policy in effect.
bernhard

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little off topic but according to that link the Toolshop still has CPF ARC AAA's in stock! I thought these things were long gone. Anyone ordered one of these from anywhere lately?

K-T

*Moderator*
These are surprisingly attractive prices considering the long travel they had to take. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jeronimo

Newly Enlightened
I'm fairly new to flashlight, but know enough to see that Arc are the best!

When ordering from Arc, don't you have to pay import tax and VAT and stuff which would make the price much higher?

Not knowing about this stuff is what stops me from making more flashlight purchases.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Is 195 Euro a Good Price !??????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

195 Euro = more than 240 $ !!!

What are you talking about !!

Buy from Arc site but send the light to a fellow-CPF-US-Member and he will redirect the light to you and you will save 60$ circa !!!!!

Commander

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:
Buy from Arc site but send the light to a fellow-CPF-US-Member and he will redirect the light to you and you will save 60$ circa !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But has this been done before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

cynix

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:

[/ QUOTE ]
why not ask arc to send the light directly to you? why do you need a fellow cpf member in the us to redirect it?

i asked arc to send it directly to me... hope i didn't do something wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

03lab

Enlightened
I have been doing some mad shopping for lights and knives these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif With the current exchange situation, I spend only half of what they cost here when buying directly from the US and I never ran into any problems so far!

The Arc4 is only € 140 (+shipping) when you get them directly from Arc.

B@rt

Flashaholic
cynix, it is my understanding that as a busines, Peter has to declare the correct value, thus being taxed by customs for that amount. If he would declare less and got caught , he will be in a lot of troubles.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cynix

Newly Enlightened
thanks b@rt for explaining... however i never got taxed for something sent to me from overseas (correct values declared), dunno why. hope i won't get taxed this time either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw isn't the customs smart enough to know the real value? say someone sends me an arc4 and declares $10, they'd know he's lying wouldn't they /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Customs usually don't have a clue as to actual value... Usually a flashlight is priced a lot less in their eyes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
When things are declared over the value declared free of taxes it is a betting game... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cynix

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Customs usually don't have a clue as to actual value... Usually a flashlight is priced a lot less in their eyes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hehe quite true... unless the inspector owns an arc4 himself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
When things are declared over the value declared free of taxes it is a betting game... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]i searched a bit and found that the free of taxes value is au$1000 here, so i guess i'm safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hope i get my shipment confirmation soon tho

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last time i ordered stuff from arc, i got nailed by a 4% GST charge, which amounted to about $30 in local currency because it was a large order.

Commander

Enlightened
In Denmark Tax etc. is often 20-30% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

That's why this tread make me:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Thanks ksbman!

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Never had to pay taxes for overseas orders either, till I got a shipment via FedEx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It seems to me they go out of their way to declare taxes. I ended up paying €20 taxes/handling on a €70 order!
I already ordered direct (I know I have to learn patience, where can I take a crash course?), but maybe I should try and get it redirected.
And another thing: I'd rather walk to the Post office than take half a day off waiting for FedEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.