AHHHHHHHH S$%t

clicker

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I'm knee deep into project retina fry.(The ******* love child between me and a LUXIII)

Last I checked (MONDAY)tv1k lux III were available. Now there gone anyone know were I can get my hands on either a TWAK or TV1K lux III.....

I've got a lux I cyan that I'm using for fitting and design work but I'm getting real close to needing a Lux III

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Where did you see a TV1K? I'd love to get one of those...

Electrolumens had some TWAK emitters, but they are all sold out (I'm supposed to be getting 2).

Dat2zip's Sandwich Shop had TX1K and SV1K, but the TX1K are out now as well (still has 2 SV1K). I just got 2 of the TX1K and it will be interesting to compare it to the TWAK, but my TWAK order hasn't arrived yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

According to Lumileds both the X1 and WA bins are supposed to be 6300K (AB21 doc, page-10) but according to the color charts posted here in the forums, the TWAK should be tinted a bit on the pink side, while the X1 should be a little yellow or green.

The V1 bin should be 5500K, which is the preferred color temp for daylight balanced lighting in photography.

Then again, I hear it's pretty much moot with the Lux3 since they are all supposed to be very nicely binned.

Aloha, iG

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the III's I've seen so far have been roughly interchangable. There are some slight variations between any two given parts, but you have to look very closely to tell. Also, the variation between two parts of different color bins seems to be about the same as variation between two parts in the same color bin. For all practical purposes, any bin is "white".

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I had a few TV1Ks. I got them from Elektrolumens a couple months ago. One I stuck in a McLuxPR head with a DB700 and it was nice, white on a bit of the warm side & no green like the V1 bin is rated. I had a hard time selling it assuming cause of the bin. I know it wasn't the price cause it was priced very well. I traded it for a PM6 5w module cause of no interest (I lost money on it but I'm sure Jim Y. is very happy).

As illumiGeek stated, I'd say it was just about that color temp. It was nice. However, another TV1K I did a Mag3D DD mod with it and it had no color tint anywhere close to the McLuxPR head I did. It was just very white and very close to my TW0K Mag3C DD but without the slight blue tint. It was the perfect color for a flashlight IMO.

clicker

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys,

From the feedback most people are saying pretty the same thing about the color bin. Have you guys noticed a major difference in the lumens between say a s and t bin.

Actually has anyone seen a V binned lux III I'm starting to think that anything above the T's are just fairytales.

Anyway I pretty much fubared my 1 watter getting everything fit for my new creation. Sooooo that being said I have to get a T binned(or better) lux III otherwise I'll go insane.

Any suggestions were I go to look????

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember, brightness bins cover a range of luminous output. It may be that all of the L3's that are binned as T's are concentrated at the lower end of the output range. In that case, only a rare emitter will be binned as a U or T (1 in a 1000 or 10,000), and may be kept by lumileds so they can see what made that one sample particularly bright.