Optics for Mini M*g/BadBoy

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a newbie to LED's I'm not sure if there's a Fraen or NXO5 or what in my m*g from ksbman, and it needs replacing (experiment gone awry) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I didn't save his email /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Anyone hear from Keith, I haven't seen recent posts.

What is the best optic to use for the low dome BB 400 and should I order from Wayne or elsewhere? Is there a choice between flood and normal? Flood's OK as I use it for walks in the woods.

I decided to try navigating the user list for the first time and located Keith's email #.

Any suggestions will be appreciated re. choices for the BB optics. Thanks in advance (I hope).

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The standard optic for a low dome is the NX05. The McFlood is not an optic but rather a metal reflector. I recommend you buy both and they are available from The Sandwich Shoppe
http://anlighten.com/shop/default.php
You can change back and forth just by taking the bezel off and dropping out one and putting in the other.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Hogshead. Is that used in Arc LSL's too? NX05 = more focused and McFlood = the obvious?

Anybody care to point me to more info re. LED optics? ThanX again.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
jayflash,
Yes, the NX05 is used in the ARC LSL-S/LSL-P/LSH-S/LSH-P, Surefire KL1/KL3. The ARC LSHF-P uses the Fraen Low Profile optic. The NX05 was purpose designed for the low dome but it works fine with the high dome. The Fraen LP is for high dome and it gives a nice tight beam with the high dome. The Fraen LP with a low dome will appear similar to a NX05.