Nitecore p12 stopped working

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
Well my nitecore p12 2015 edition just quit working, I carry it every nite on my walks as a backup if my headlamp batteries get two low and of course the headlamp batteries got to low to use. I turned on the p12 and five minutes later I noticed a slight flickering and then it just turns off a couple seconds later it turned on again then flickered again then turned off and won't come on anymore, so had to walk home in complete darkness which sucked. Got home tried three different fully charged batteries, cleaned threads and still won't turned on. Removed tailcap cleaned and tightend and nothing emailed nitecore hopefully they will respond

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like that one may need to go back for repair?

At first I was thinking it was locked out. But then I read you had it on, and it flickered and dies.

Just curious about the batteries. Are they protected cells? What brand/age? IF they are protected cells, do you have some unprotected you can test? I had one Nitecore a while back that was tripping the protection circuit on the batteries. I had two identical lights, and only one would do it. I don't know electronics, and I have no idea why. One of the more educated members can help there.

Hope you get it worked out.

Also, welcome to the forum.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Str8Stroke said, it does sound like the light itself.

Curious, was light ever dropped?

Let us know how warranty goes.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the clicky bypass test - with the tailcap off, use a paperclip to bridge the negative batt terminal to the bare tube edge.

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
Never dropped light kinda babied it. Tried the tail switch bypass and nothing, so don't know what went wrong, real weird.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never dropped light kinda babied it. Tried the tail switch bypass and nothing, so don't know what went wrong, real weird.

At this point try contacting Nitecore and the dealer you purchased it from to see how to go about the warranty process. Should be able to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

UnderPar

Enlightened
At this point try contacting Nitecore and the dealer you purchased it from to see how to go about the warranty process. Should be able to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

+1 to this. Since you've tried the clicky bypass test and your batteries were fully charged, calling your supplier or Nitecore would be the next option. Do post whatever the results will be in case you were able to contact them.

Btw, :welcome: