Help with a SR Mini Intimidator.

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
Hello all:)

Ill cut straight to the point, I bought and off the shelf SR Mini Intimidator, and ive been having some issues.
I'm curious to what you guys think about the problem, and maybe some of you could spare some advice?:)

So here is what i've got:
*Olight Mini Intimidator
*Intellicharger I4
*3* Ultrafire 18650 batteries(bought and charges at same time)

So I Have had this light for 7 days. I've tried every function, and normally it does just well. But! (on full charge)

* When I turn low, mid, high mode on, it turns off after 1 minute.
* Turbo mode doesnt work, nor does strobe. (not even for 1 second)
* When i lock the light(most of the time, not on purpose(this includes trying to activate turbo or strobe mode)
), it takes a minute of waiting, clicking 1,2,3 times to unlock it(i am aware that 3 does it).
Here is what ive tried:
*Make sure all 3 batteries have thesame charge by charging them fully.
*Tightening the cap more tight, and more loose, in case its a contact issue.

Keep in mind I am using the right clicks to activate these modes. But when low, mid, and high modes get turned off after 1 minute of use.... I'm gonna ask questions.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first question:
Did you buy the Ultra-Fire batteries on e-Bay? There are many comments on our forum that point out that other than Surefire, almost all batteries that end in ....fire have a very high probability of being counterfeit.

Do you have a DMM to check the voltage on the batteries?
A circuit tripping prematurely seems like a possible cause for premature shutdown.

The Turbo mode is momentary only-when the light is on a half press turns on the Turbo but only as long as as you hold down a half press.
When you say right-click, do you mean half-press?
Have you tried other batteries?

The UI is not as intuitive as most Olights.
The strobe is activated by three half presses of the switch from the off position.
One half press turns it on, and then each double half press changes the mode. The light is essentially only a three mode light, with a momentary Turbo, and a strobe.
Sorry this post is not more clear and concise. Let me know if this helps at all.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there, my thoughts are the batteries being ultrafire, these at the best are a mediocre cell .

Not 100% but would look into 3 decent cells,maybe efest or keeppower 3400 protected as just 2 examples.

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
The first question:
Did you buy the Ultra-Fire batteries on e-Bay? There are many comments on our forum that point out that other than Surefire, almost all batteries that end in ....fire have a very high probability of being counterfeit.

Do you have a DMM to check the voltage on the batteries?
A circuit tripping prematurely seems like a possible cause for premature shutdown.

The Turbo mode is momentary only-when the light is on a half press turns on the Turbo but only as long as as you hold down a half press.
When you say right-click, do you mean half-press?
Have you tried other batteries?

The UI is not as intuitive as most Olights.
The strobe is activated by three half presses of the switch from the off position.
One half press turns it on, and then each double half press changes the mode. The light is essentially only a three mode light, with a momentary Turbo, and a strobe.
Sorry this post is not more clear and concise. Let me know if this helps at all.
Thanks for your response:) Could you tell me what DMM stands for?

I bought all 3 items (flashlight, batts and charger) in a bundle pack from a certified Dutch webstore. ''Zaklampwinkel.com''.

When I say right click, I mean '' the right click''. AKA pushing the button down hard(force), for the correct number of times.

By half press, do you mean there is a pressure differential in the click/press?

Hi there, my thoughts are the batteries being ultrafire, these at the best are a mediocre cell .

Not 100% but would look into 3 decent cells,maybe efest or keeppower 3400 protected as just 2 examples.

I am definitly new to the whole high end lights scene then. What would be the best, top of the line be according to you?:)

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take those batteries to a recycling center and DO NOT put them back into that high end light. You need to get some reputable cells to run your light. I dont know where the best place for you to order from would be due to your location but any ****fire batteries are bad news!

ven

Flashaholic
I use

3400mah panasonic inside . Button tops

Not saying they are the best out there, can buy 3600mah, however imo the premium asked for 200mah is not just!
They make a good option/value/brand .

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
Take those batteries to a recycling center and DO NOT put them back into that high end light. You need to get some reputable cells to run your light. I dont know where the best place for you to order from would be due to your location but any ****fire batteries are bad news!

Thanks for your response:) I think i'll try them in my secondary light , an UltraFire C1 that I got off DealExtreme years ago(yea...), and then buy top of the line batteries for my Mini.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
DMM digital Multi Meter, a simple tool for measuring voltage.

The switch is like the button on a digital camera, by pushing it halfway down it performs one way, by pushing it all the way down until it clicks (a full press), it performs a different action.
Push the button halfway down and immediately release it, the light turns on.
Push the button halfway down two times in rapid succession and you will be in low mode.
Repeat(push halfway down twice in rapid succession) to go to medium.
Repeat and you will be in high.
At any time when the light is on, push the button halfway and hold it down and you will be in turbo(2800 lumens).
There is no way to keep the light on in turbo unless you are holding it down.
When the light is on, a full press will turn it off.
Try working with the switch and see if the light behaves differently.

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
I use

3400mah panasonic inside . Button tops

Not saying they are the best out there, can buy 3600mah, however imo the premium asked for 200mah is not just!
They make a good option/value/brand .

I will definitely look into those, thank you:).

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
DMM digital Multi Meter, a simple tool for measuring voltage.

The switch is like the button on a digital camera, by pushing it halfway down it performs one way, by pushing it all the way down until it clicks (a full press), it performs a different action.
Push the button halfway down and immediately release it, the light turns on.
Push the button halfway down two times in rapid succession and you will be in low mode.
Repeat(push halfway down twice in rapid succession) to go to medium.
Repeat and you will be in high.
At any time when the light is on, push the button halfway and hold it down and you will be in turbo(2800 lumens).
There is no way to keep the light on in turbo unless you are holding it down.
When the light is on, a full press will turn it off.
Try working with the switch and see if the light behaves differently.

I am going to try this, thanks for your superb help:).
Also, Just remembered I do have a multi meter somewhere.

tostitostelli

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a few KeepPower 3400 batteries, and the problem has been solved. Thank you all for helping out!