What Are The Current Single And Dual 18650 Throw Kings?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
As posted above, I would be interested in hearing what the current throw kings are of both the single and dual 18650 LED flashlights.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock?
My thought is
Olight M2X UT single cell.
Olight M3XS-UT dual cell.
I could be very wrong.
Just my picks.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only share what my experience is and the two 18650 Nitecore EC4 does a fine job of being an answer to your question.
And for a single 18650, I have to go with the Nitecore MH20.

The EC4 is more thrower but has a nice flood and the MH20 is more floody that thrower but for size and number of batteries, both lights are sweet. To add a third light into the mix, the single 18650 Nitecore SRT7 with it's three R/B/G LEDs is a sweet tactical light.

Last edited:

akhyar

Enlightened
From what I have, my vote goes to Olight M2X-UT for a single cell (Olight specs stated throw of 810m) as it out throws my 4 cells TM16. The Nitecore is not marketed as throw monster, but the spec said it has a beam distance of up to 700m.
Not sure of dual cell, but from the specs, maybe the Olight M3X-UT, as from the brochure the beam distance is further then the M2X-UT

akhyar

Enlightened
I would have gotten the M3X-UT, instead of the smaller M2X-UT if only it can still operate with single 18650 as the extension tube to run it on dual 18650s makes the long body look out of proportion to the head.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2X and M3X are nearly the same size even with extension tubes. If proportion is what your after in a thrower the new SR52 UT should be more pleasing. Both the bigger Javelots work just fine off 1x18650 they just stay at max output for less time.

akhyar

Enlightened
M2X and M3X are nearly the same size even with extension tubes. If proportion is what your after in a thrower the new SR52 UT should be more pleasing. Both the bigger Javelots work just fine off 1x18650 they just stay at max output for less time.

I thought I read somewhere that M3X can only runs on 3x CR123 without the extension tube, or 2x 18650 or 4x CR123 with the extension tube.
Thanks for pointing out the SR52 UT

swan

Banned
I would have gotten the M3X-UT, instead of the smaller M2X-UT if only it can still operate with single 18650 as the extension tube to run it on dual 18650s makes the long body look out of proportion to the head.
I bought an extension tube to run 2 x 18650,s in my M2x ut, it looks odd and i never use it. I like its compact size, fits in a coat pocket[ and throws forever.
But in saying that if the m3x ut had a single cell tube i would buy it for the better ui.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love this place!

I kind of like the extra length of my M3XS-UT, I know in pictures it looks odd, but it feels roughly proportionate to a C cell maglite to me.
It feels good in use I guess.

I want the M2X UT single yet myself.

Have a great day all.

markr6

Flashaholic
Stock?
My thought is
Olight M2X UT single cell.
Olight M3XS-UT dual cell.
I could be very wrong.
Just my picks.

+275,019. Thread closed :)

A little birdie whispered something to me about a 4 x XP-L HI from Eagletac, but I'm guessing that's going to be more than just a 2x18650.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the best thrower with a 1.5" head? The M2X is a big too wide for me and I'm willing to sacrifice a little throw

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
40k cd isn't it?
Nice.
I'm not %100 sure it's top dog though, isn't there a OEM ET light that's around 56k?
IIRC anyways... I'm pretty sure it wasn't Vn tweaked but could be wrong.
Grammar error edit of course.☺

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M2X UT single 18650
Olight M3XS-UT 2 x 18650

Armytek Barracuda Pro v2 XP-L HI,*might be worth a consideration too?

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
Olight seems to dominate when it comes to 18650 throwers.

I was researching the Armytek but after spending some time reading in the Armytek forum it looks like they are having some CS issues.

Bob

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Olight seems to dominate when it comes to 18650 throwers

I was researching the Armytek but after spending some time reading in the Armytek forum it looks like they are having some CS issues.

Bob

Yes and the service is not a good one. But I must admit that I like my Barracuda V2 SE XP-L HI. I'm on the cool white side. I don't like the tint of the m3xs-ut...but I saw it only on pictures and you tube video.