Has anyone used rechargable li-on cells in an nitecore sens light without issue?

MJPIA

Newly Enlightened
Long story short I purchased a nitecore branded rcr123 cell and a nitecore sens cr flashlight from Andrew-Amanda.com when they had their 25% off all nitecore products a week ago.
I guess being the genius I am I missed all the warning notes in the incredibly detailed review thread by selfbuilt that the instruction manuals in the various sens flashlights state that they no longer support li-on cells.
I had the flashlight on for probably around 5 seconds before I glanced down at the instruction manual, saw the part of the manual that said that rcr123 cells are "banned" (I'm gonna assume them using the word banned is a small case of engrish) went guuuuuuh and shut the light off as fast as I could.
The Andrew-Amanda page for the sens cr does state
Board voltage circuit, compatible with primary or rechargeabl e Li-on batteries
so since the description is wrong I suppose I could return it without issue but I detest dealing with packaging and shipping anything, did get it for a decent price and now that I have it in my hands I really wanna try it out.
So has anyone used any model nitecore sens flashlight, whether a first gen that supported li-ons or the later ones that don't, with li-ons and have you had any problems or issues?
I'm leaning towards returning it but I wanted to see if there is someone who has had one for a while who could chime in.
Disposable cr123s are not an option for me.
I tried searching around the web but I couldn't find much anywhere, my apologies if there is already a thread somewhere that I missed.
Thanks.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have several Sens Mini's that use CR2 3.0V lithium ions and have had no trouble. Although not officially rated for them, I and other CPF'ers have used 3.7V 15270's without apparent ill effects.

I wasn't aware that later Sens lights didn't support lithium ions. That seems pretty strange.