Need help finding a driver for 6D Mag XHP70 build

DOHC20

Newly Enlightened
i cant seem to find a driver which will accommodate a 6D mag build with 6 Trustfire TF32650 3.7V 6000mAh Protected cells which should have a input voltage of around 22.2 volts. I plan on driving the XHP70 at around 5A (6 volt config). most drivers that i have looked at wont handle that kind of input voltage, even the task led ones. So if anyone knows of a suitable driver let me know. Thanks

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
you won't fit 6 32650's in a 6D, I've done 6 26650 with removal of most of the bottom of the switch and a mini spring in the bottom of the tailcap.

Most buck converters I've seen don't need more than double the forward voltage as input voltage and I think there is a point of diminishing returns in terms of efficiency.

Look for a Buck converter on ebay called a DC-DC converter that can fit

DOHC20

Newly Enlightened
ok so what if i choose to eliminate one cell and make it a 5 cell mag with a spacer that would take up some of the space from the 6th cell. i had a feeling that squeezing 6 32650s would have been touch and go as i was going to machine the tail cap down so the spring would sit further into it but if thats not a potion i may have to go the 5 cell route.

Latest posts