Skylite (switchable LED)

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone have one of these. It's a handheld LED flashlight that has a dimmer and allows you to switch clors green to white, etc...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have one...It was cheaper at the link below. Prices ranged from $22 bucks to $55 at an exclusive aircraft shop.
This would not take even a casual dunk in the sink.
It has a 5 year mfg warranty. I am not sure how to put pics in the posts or I would give you a shot of the guts. It snaps directly to the 9 volt battery.
I sort of enjoy it...but then
smile.gif

Here is the guts of a SkyLite. I put the markings on with whiteout when I was measuring current usage.

The 2 larger led's on the left are white and the two shorter ones are red. The switch selects either the red pair or the white pair SPDT.

The pot seems well made and sturdy. To the left are 2 CENPN 2222A 's. The circuit board has a date of 1-15-98.

The whole thing slides into groves in the case. I am using a nimh 9 volt and it runs a week or so ( at night ) and then I charge it up for 4-5 hours and off again. Red and white use same amount of power.
sky.gif

Here is where to get it. http://store.yahoo.com/hardin-optical/rigsysskylle.html

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Kem on 01-03-2001 at 09:33 PM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

yes, I do have a Rigel Systems 'Skylite'. it has two pairs of leds, two on at any one time. mine is a pair of white, and a pair of red leds. it works off a nine volt battery. The dimmer wheel, infinitely variable, is the on-off switch. the led pair is chosen by separate switch. I don't think it would work very long under the sea, rather porous design, fine for the cockpit though...I guess..

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Ted on 01-03-2001 at 01:45 PM</font>

Latest posts